CD printing software

canon-do

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother DCP-L3551CDW
My last printer - MP830 - happily used Canon's 'CD Label Print' software. I think the last version I had was 1.2.

This app created 'dot cdl' files (.CDL), and I have 100's of these.

Now, after a lapse of several years, I want to print some CD's. Unfortunately, the MP830 no longer works. I've replaced it with a new MG7760.

Problem: It seems to me (after only a couple of days with the new printer and its software) that 'CD Label Print' is no longer available. Consequently, I won't be able to use all of my old CDL files.

Additionally, the 'Easy Photoprint EX' that came with the printer has a range of themed CD labels that are total c**p and not useful for me.

Anyone able to comment on the situation?

Thanks for reading :)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
"Surething" disk printer. Works with anything!
Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@canon-do, I currently use CD label V1.4.1 and have no difficulty with it on any of my Pro Canon printers, I have used this Application since getting my first Canon printer back in 2004, all be it now a newer version, it has never failed me..

Capture.PNG

So try the Canon website for this version and if you have a problem getting it, then PM me..

canon-do

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother DCP-L3551CDW
jtoolman: Joe, thanks for the suggestion, the app sounds interesting.

The Hat: Hey, that'll be cool if it works. I'll search around and see what I can find. I've a vague idea I saw a 1.4.2 version mentioned somewhere. Cheers :)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
CDLabelprint is no longer offered for download by Canon. It is still available from other sites though, for instance this: http://cd-labelprint.software.informer.com/download/ . Be careful with what source you get it from and what links you click. See more about the download in this post.

If you made a plug and play install of your printer and let Microsoft Update supply the driver, a patch is needed to add CD print functionality to the driver. This patch is also difficult to find as it is also being phased out by Canon, but this post has a link that still works for the patch that is named aomwin110ea23.exe.

The CDLabel print works with Canon printers of the BCI-3e/6 and PGI-5/CLI-8 cartridge generations. I don't know if it will work with newer printers. I don't know if other programs can open the .cld files generated by CDLabelprint. Irfan View cannot open these files.

Another CD printing program is Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker. You can download a free trial before you decide if you want the program.

canon-do

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother DCP-L3551CDW
Thanks, PeterBJ. I managed to get CD-LabelPrint 1.4.2 (several) and 1.4.1 (one).
Also got your linked file 'aomwin110ea23.exe' but have no idea at this stage if it'll be required.

The new printer is an MG7760. I moaned to Canon Help about the accompanying 'Easy Photo Print Ex 4.5' not being able to open .cdl files and they insisted that their Image Garden would do it. But I 'ah hae ma doots' about that.

Thanks again to Joe and The Hat :)

PS: The MG7760 is a 6-cart printer. One is Grey. I can't imagine grey ink. Guess it'll be like like pink or pale blue? :)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
jtoolman: Joe, thanks for the suggestion, the app sounds interesting.

The Hat: Hey, that'll be cool if it works. I'll search around and see what I can find. I've a vague idea I saw a 1.4.2 version mentioned somewhere. Cheers :)

It is the only tool I use. It even works on the Primera Bravo disc printers and every other printer with disc printing options.

Joe

canon-do

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother DCP-L3551CDW
Joe, I down'd a trial of 'Surething'. It'll be interesting to compare it with the Canon software.

Cheers :)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The paid for version will contain tons of backgrounds and art. It was the only thing that allowed me to print to my Primera Bravo Duplicator / Printer since the original Primera Software for that model can no longer be found anywhere.
Joe

canon-do

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Brother DCP-L3551CDW
Well, actually, I have a full version of 6.2.138, Joe. But I don't really need the backgrounds and art. Preset themes was one of the things I didn't like about Canon's 'Easy Photoprint', because I prefer a plain background to gingham and primroses. Anyway, I'll see how it goes. Plus I'll see if I can get CD-LabelPrint 1.4.2 to recognize my MG7760.
Cheers.