1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Health & Safety and 3D Printing.
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

CD printing software

Discussion in 'Printing Photos and Photo Software' started by canon-do, May 26, 2016.

1. May 28, 2016
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Consider trying the free trial of Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker that @PeterBJ mentioned as well Surething or other apps of this genre. Each of these programs have differences in the look and feel of the controls and possibly capabilities and output differences. You might like one over the other for a variety of reasons. Acoustica has served me well for years.

@jtoolman - The Acoustica website lists the Primera Bravo and Signature series as compatible.

The Hat likes this.
  2. May 28, 2016
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    I tried if Canon Easy Photo Print could open .cld files, but only .el8 files created by the program can be opened. I don't have the Image Garden installed, so I cannot test that program. Please report your results.

The grey ink is a diluted version of the photo black, in the same way as the photo cyan and photo magenta are diluted versions of regular cyan and magenta. It improves printing not only B/W photos but also colour photos. See this thread.

3. May 28, 2016
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    Even if CDLabelprint might not support your printer it is still useful. You can open your .cld files and save them as images in .bmp or .jpg format. These images can then be imported into a disk print program that supports your printer. Even if this is not the most elegant solution, it is a way to reuse your saved .cld files.

Canon CDLP1.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    stratman and The Hat like this.
  4. May 29, 2016
    canon-do

canon-do Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon MX726 and MG7760
    "You can open your .cld files and save them as images in .bmp or .jpg format. These images can then be imported into a disk print program that supports your printer."

Good point, PeterBJ :)

The Hat and PeterBJ like this.
  5. May 30, 2016
    msmart

msmart Print Addict

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4500
    I print using Photoshop Elements.

My brand new (last week) MX922 uses the same J tray that your new printer uses.

Here is a template that I found on the 'net and then modified for printing on FalconMedia Smart Guard Glossy DVD discs:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0zivlp68yhqccc1/Smart_Guard_DVD_Tray_J_Template_2.psd

There is a guide layer that I've turned off but can be used to help adjust the inner and outer layers to suit your disc's dimensions.

When I first started printing on discs with an Epson R220, I used the Epson software but when I changed to a Canon iP4500, I switched to Photoshop.

If any one still has a Canon printer that uses the F tray, here's the template I was using:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u178bnq140831qu/Watershield_DVD_Tray_F_Template_2.psd

PeterBJ and The Hat like this.
  6. May 30, 2016
    jtoolman

jtoolman Printer Master Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    All of them! LOL
    The best printer ro use other than a dedicated disc printer is the older Epson Artisan 7** and 8** series!
    They have a permanently built in disc tray that would automatically pop out, you loaded the disc, press print and it would pull itself back in and proceed to print a perfectly aligned CD or DVD.
    On glossy media it was better than professional.
    No stupid manual tray to mess with or loose!
    You could print out of the Epson Disc printing tool or the best, Surething!!! And believe me, I have tried everything out there!

Joe

7. May 30, 2016
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    I am more than happy using CD LabelPrint on a tray with my Canon printers, and yes I have to agree glossy Media looks far more professional.. :)

8. May 31, 2016
    stratman

stratman Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon MP830, Pencil
    Disk media surfaces are akin to types of photo paper in that you use the surface type to obtain the output desired. Some are better than others.

An example is the JVC / Taiyo Yuden PrintPlus! disks. When they came out I ordered a spindle. Output had the patina of an orange skin. I thought the disks were defective and spoke with TY. Nope. That was the planned result. Then I realized that some professionally made disks also had this effect and now I could easily replicate this texture. Nice!

Another example - printing simple text lists on disks I might use silver printable media at times. It's all about the desired result. If all you want is glossy them OK. But the palette of media surfaces available is wider than just glossy and the results can be pleasing.

9. May 31, 2016
    canon-do

canon-do Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon MX726 and MG7760
    msmart, thanks for that. Most interesting :)

10. Jun 1, 2016
    msmart

msmart Print Addict

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4500
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016