Canon IP4700

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Gang

I have this great printer that has worked great up to this point.. I upgraded to Win 10 and ever since I have had a problem with getting the right driver for the printer to be able to print on a DVD. I have the drivers that enables it to do all the reg printing... But as I remember when I got the drivers for it pre Win 10 I have to get a euro driver for it to be able to print on a DVD disk. Any and all help will be appreciated... I was able to go to free covers and download a cover and open up print to DVD/CD and it would go from there...

Thanx...Gunny

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
To answer your questions a little more info is needed. So is your Win 10 32 or 64 bit? How did you install the printer after the upgrade? Did you use plug and play install or did you download a driver? Which version is the driver and from where did you download it. Which CD print program do you use? Have you downloaded other Canon software?

No modifications to the printers firmware should be necessary, as CD printing worked with a previous version of Windows.

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Pete

Ya my Win 10 is 64 bit... I googled for the drivers for Win 10 64 bit and came up with the Canon site.. No plug and play I was not sure Win 10 would run the plug and play like the previous versions did.. I used the version that I downloaded from the Canon site and I used for for a very long time... My understanding is this being the American made Canon printers you cannot get the drivers for the CD/DVD printing you have to go to the Euro version to get the drivers to do the CD/DVD printing... I think I heard with the newer versions of the Canon printers they are made so you can use the CD/DVD printing with out having to get the Euro version driver..Canon made 2 versions of their printers one for the American and one for the Euro markets...I had no problem getting the right drivers for my Win 8.1 and lke I said it worked great for several years. Maybe there are no drivers for this for Win 10..So far I have not been able to find any...I know this is a older Mod printer but it still works great

Thanx....Gunny

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Gunny if you can uninstall the drivers you got for the Win 10 and then load the Win 8.1 drivers again, there is no reason why they wont work and cause problems, they should be compatible with both O/S’s

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
There is a patch that adds CD printing to drivers not supporting this. The patch is named aomwin110ea23.exe. It is difficult to find as Canon has removed it from a lot of their sites, but I found one to download here. Never mind the download is for Win 7, it does also work with Win 10.

I have a laptop that normally runs Win 7, as I like that OS better, but I have another harddisk for the laptop with Win 10. I started the laptop with Win 10 and connected a Canon iP4300 to the computer via USB. Windows update found and installed a driver, and I ran the patch to add CD print ability. I then downloaded and installed Canon CD label print and Canon Easy Photoprint. The iP4300 is special as it supports both these programs for CD printing. Normally old printers work with CD label print and new printers work with Canon Easy Photoprint.

My guess is that you are using Canon Easy Photoprint for CD printing? If this is not the case, then which program do you use then?

After I had installed the CD print programs and the patch, CD print works under Win 10, with both programs.

I suggest that you download and run the patch and try if CD printing now works. If it doesn't then write again.

cdlp w10.jpg

epp w10.jpg

As you can see both programs accept the iP4300 and are ready to print a disk under Windows 10.

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Hat

Ok I am willing to try that... Thanx.... I just thought that being the drivers I used for the Win 8.1 were 32 bit it would make sense now to run Win 10 drivers that were 64 bit version..

Thanx.....Gunny

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ops, I wasn’t aware you had Win 8.1 32 bit on your machine, please ignore my suggestion so..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you are now using 64 bits you should not use a 32 bit driver. IF your printer does all other printing than disk printing I think that the driver is OK, but lacks CD print capability. So first of all try downloading and running the patch.

If this doesn't work then download drivers from Canon Europe site. Here is the driver, and here is the Canon Easy PhotoPrint. I don't know if W10 64 bit is selected, else you will have to select it yourself, if your OS is not detected properly.

Before installing the new downloaded driver and program, you should uninstall the old driver and restart the computer.

If this driver and software doesn't work then try running the patch.

I'm sure the iP4700 will print CD's under Win 10 with the proper driver and software, as my older iP4300 works with Win 10.

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Gang

Ok I have the downloads done now I use to be able to take a picture from a folder on my desktop and right click it and click open and it would give me the choice of my Canon CD/DVD printing.. I get pictures from Free covers like for my woodworking utube and for my program disks like Nero.. Now I right click a label and it does not list my Canon CD/DVD printer...I know I can make my own labels but what if I was to use one already made...

Thanx....Gunny

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have saved a few CD print layouts made in CD Labelprint. They are saved as .cld files. Right-clicking one of these files opens a menu in which I can choose if CD Labelprint or other program should be used to open the file. This happens in both Win 8.1 and Win 10. Double-clicking the file opens CD Labelprint. This also happens in both Win 8.1 and Win 10.

I created a disk layout in Canon Easy Photoprint EX. This program saves layouts with the extension .el8 . Right-clicking a such file opens a menu in which I can choose if Easy Photoprint or other program should be used to open the file. Double-clicking the file opens the CD print function in Easy Photoprint.

Right-clicking a .jpg image gives a menu in which I can choose ordinary print on paper. This also happens in both Windows versions.

So I suggest to try and open your CD print program and from that program open one of your saved or downloaded layouts. You could also try to select "New" and write "Test" and see if the program is willing to print the CD. I don't think your right-click method will work in Win 10.

But what program or application do/did you use for CD printing and what file format are your saved/downloaded layouts?

Last edited: