Canon service tool v2000

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Agreed. I had to set up an XP laptop loaded with all my printer drivers exclusively to run all the individual adjustment programs for all my printers. I could not get any of them to work regardless of what compatibility setting I used. But on and XP platform, they run perfectly.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Using an iP3600 as guinea pig I have now tested the service tools version 1074 and 2000 on computers running win XP, Win Vista home premium and Win 7 home premium, all OS's 32 bit.

Both service tools worked without problems in all OS's. No compatibility mode was necessary with WIN Vista and Win 7.

I even found the older service tool ver 1050 and downloaded it on my Vista computer. That older version also worked without problems on the Vista computer. As the D- value was only 3% I tried an absorber reset. No problem with this old version. The D-value is now 0%. For those that might want this version, the download can be found here. Click the red "HERE" in the centre of the page. : http://cell-house.blogspot.dk/2011/04/canon-mp190-series-reset-guide.html .

The download also contained a file named SIPToolsLite.exe , I don't know what that is but Google suggest it is something Canon related. Neither AVG Internet Security nor Malwarebytes Antimalware (MBAM) found any threats in the download.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi shandesire

I did a couple more tests.

I first used a non supported printer, a Pixma 4000 which only prints black, so no loss if it was damaged further by the test. I entered service mode on the Pixma 4000 and tried to run the service tool v2000. Everything in the program window was greyed out and no operation was possible.

My second test used a Pixma 3600 that was turned on, but had not entered service mode. I then tried to run the service tool v2000. The program window appeared normal, but when I clicked the "Test Print" button, I got this pop-up window:

6881_error_code_006.jpg

I hope this will help in determining if your problems with the program are caused by the printer not being supported or are caused by the printer not having entered service mode.

shandesire

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
now the problem is that my printer canon ip 4940 no going on service mode.when i try to go service mode and i left power button suddenly orange light comes on and nothing happen even i can't off it.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Which procedure did you try to enter service mode?

What happens if you disconnect the power cord to turn off the printer. Hopefully you can turn your printer back on after reconnecting the power cord?

shandesire

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
there is any short trick or key to reset (go back service mode) canon ip4940.i think i done with so many other things mean some time i tried to go service mode i press 6 time resume button some time 10 times too like this i done so many time but now i realize that right way to go service mode is press 5 time resume button.but now i think its too late.because when i press five times resume button and left power button same time orange light comes on and never blink.when i i try to push power button nothing happen only to remove power cord from printer.
please tell me any trick ,short key,manual or something to solve this problem.
thanks

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
I am having the same problem with a MP280, It will not go into service mode, just the orange light lit.. what can i do, did anybody get this fixed ?

shandesire

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
did any one try service tool v2.000 for canon ip4940?is it working or something else for ip4940?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi shandesire

I think your problems are caused by the printer not entering service mode. I find that the instructions in the Canon service manuals are a bit difficult to understand. Before entering service mode, I practise the button pushing with power disconnected from the printer.

From the service manual for the MP540 the instructions are:

i. With the machine power turned off, while pressing the Stop button, press and hold the ON
button. (DO NOT release the buttons).
ii. When the Power LED lights in green, while holding the ON button, release the Stop button.
(DO NOT release the ON button.)
iii. While holding the ON button, press the Stop button 2 times, and then release both the ON
and Stop buttons. (Each time the Stop button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light
alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
iv. When the Power LED lights in green, the machine is ready for the service mode operation.

The iii is the part I find difficult.

In this thread : http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7863 Tudor gave this explanation:

- press and hold the stop button
- press and hold the power button
- release the stop button and press it twice
- release the power button

It is the same procedure, but I think Tudor's version is much clearer.

Also check the procedure from 2manuals.com : http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1445

I hope this helps.