Canon Pro9000 ll colour shift noticeable in greys

DSchell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman said:
It's all good, DSchell.

Are your printing issues resolved now?
I can't give you a yes or no answer to that, but thanks for asking.

When I print the composite image:
http://www.pbase.com/image/112380834

I am not getting the brown tint in the B&W parts as I did when I first wrote about this topic.
That's good!

The section with the portrait of the blond girl is still too red or perhaps too saturated - it looks like she has sunburn.

The sunrise/sunset at bottom left hardly shows any blue in the sky, too rosy.

Possibly these effects are a result of dumping too much PM into the print head when the cartridge plug was missing.
I should flush the print head and try it again.

I am still using OEM C and PC. All the others are OctoInkJet

Dave S.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
We just call it bloody tape, "where's the bloody tape" but in the trade it's known as bloody duct tape. All you need for anything to do with the pro9000 printer can be obtained from Martin in the UK at http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Refill-Tools{47}Kits/ Just tell Martin that Rod sent you & he will double all your prices. In Canada there's Mike at http://stores.ebay.ca/PrecisionColors
The both post regularly on here & are very helpful. Collectively they are known as Dodgy Brothers but don't let that turn you off Emu mate:)

DSchell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey! Thank you for that Canadian reference, Rod.

That is going to save me money.

Also, they sell flanged silicon(e) plugs, in case I ever lose one again.

Dave S.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes Dave the silcone with an (E):) plugs work great but they do need a slight scim out with a drill to fit more easily. Mike can tell you the size drill to use. These plugs have been 100% reliable for everyone so far.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks Rod mate,

Yes, I use Martin's site and very helpful he is too. Presumably you don't have any info on those Ausy clips.

Rod I have been trying to emulate your problem with the B&W 45mm margins and so far I have been unable.

I have just printed a copy of "the back garden" (see Printing Photos posts) in B&W with "Fine art photo rag" media setting, using "greyscale" in Easy-PhotoPrint Pro with 10mm margins, I could have made it borderless. I was using glossy paper but the printer would not know that.

So what do I need to do to get the 45mm restriction?

Regards

Ian (AKA Emu)

P.S. By the way Rod have you updated Easy-PhotoPrint Pro to version 2.7.1 which I am using and I think is the latest, but check on the Canon site.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Gday Emu. That's strange I've just done a dummy run in Print Pro version 2.7.1 & most of the art papers are gone there's only the Art Rag now. In the older version there were at least 4 art papers to pick from & none of them would let us pick a border less than about 45mm but now you can have a very small or no border. I don't know why the other art papers are not there as now it looks like it won't support any art papers except the Rag. This is very strange.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hi Rod

I think they have tidyed up the latest version of the program after protests (perhaps yours). :D

There is some comment about the margin adjustment being extended down to zero.

The fine art setting certainly slows printing down! I guess fine art photo rag covers all fine art now, it even printed OK on the glossy!

I am exploring the media setting/profiles at the moment and will try to show you the relavant content later.

Regards Ian

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Forget about all of these fancy settings for all sorts of different papers altogether
and just throw the paper settings handbook in the bloody bin. (Take control)

Set your printer so as paper detection type is deactivated now just load the paper that you want to print on, (select a Paper type yourself) then your size and or borderless and print in high quality and the printer will just comply with it.

To get the best from a Canon printer you have to trick it into thinking that its in control,
just like when using refillable cartridges no different, what I am saying is just experiment with the paper handling to unlock its full potential.

There are paper sizes and types included in the Canon printer driver setup that are not available for use and if you try to select one on these the printer will stop and just display an error.

One of the worst things about owning any Canon printer is the laziness in which this company provides print drivers they tend to alter older ones and never fully write new ones (hence the huge discrepancy in each).

Believe me I have A4 printers that displays paper width of 297mm which everybody knows should read 215mm and it says can print duplex (which it cant), there are plenty more mistakes like these displayed if you care to look in your own printer driver setup and I wont even mention colour profiles.

To save of paper keep your image small so you can put the same piece of paper back in time and time again to get the quality output your looking for exactly, have some fun (small that is) and happy Printing.. :)

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
That was quiet a pep talk Hat & I'm now going to show this printer who is the boss. The only problem is the printer is bigger than I am:)