Good evening fellas; new to the site and appreciate the info already found but had another couple questions for you experts.
I have the Pixma Pro-1 and just received a fresh batch of aftermarket ink carts. The unit asked me to install most of them in order to re-start printing (first tank to be swapped was the Matte black). Each time I changed a tank, it would cycle thru the process and then ask for yet another tank to be replaced. The ink supply utility was updating, but then once I replaced all that were empty, it informed me to replace the Matte black. I was stunned & surprised by this as I just installed a new MBK 30 minutes prior. Since I only bought a set of 12 tanks, I don't have another matte black to install (again). Is this normal? When I open up the center lid/flap of the unit, all tubes are full of ink, including the matte black line.
After buying multiple sets of carts, I think I'm done going this route. I'd prefer to just buy jugs of ink and re-fill myself. I see that there is no chip resetter for the PGI-29 carts

I really hope someone creates one of these. Maybe we could start a kick-starter campaign?! Anyways, for the time being, I see that I will have to either buy replacement chips OR disable the ink monitoring system? Thanks again to you members, I was linked to the sites below:
http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/produ..._1367016597.html?spm=a2700.7782932.0.0.Ls8ANe
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Repl..._1&btsid=59fe1888-efaa-43dc-83e1-32706acfcfba
Would either of these chip sets be the correct pieces I need to swap out the 'empty' microchip?
And if I wanted to disable the ink monitoring function, how would one do that? I've gone meticulously through the canon utilities, but cannot see this option anywhere.
Just wanted to get some more information before I drop hundreds of $$$ in pigments and chips.
Thanks so much in advance for any help you could send my way.