Canon Pixma MX922 vertical banding despite auto align, man. align...

workingmomjd

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MX922
This just occurred to me, though. Wouldn't OEM Canon Printheads come from China as well? 🤔

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It's a one year warranty.
That is nice. Who is warrantying the print head? All I saw on the seller's web page was to contact the seller about warranty. :idunno

That's two acronyms you've used I have not seen before. This site is my only social media and I can guarantee our fearless Moderator The Hat doesn't know what you meant either, won't look it up, and may turn it into some humorous Irish saying. :hide

Learning something every day. Thanks!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

workingmomjd

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MX922
Funnily enough, given the wording of your reply, it's "know what I mean". What was the other one? It's one of the skills from the three teens I can share😋.
I must have read the one year warranty on another product's page, because you're right, it's not this one's! I've messaged them. They do have a 30 day return.
And just as I pushed the reply button I thought, I should Google where Canon is made before I say that... and found out too late that I was in the right region but definitely the wrong Country 😅.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What was the other one?
Someone today wrote something about single mother or some such. Must not have been you. I still had to look up both acronyms and the rest is probably true as well. :)

Who knew there would be two people on the forum on the same day with acronyms I had to look up?! Maybe I should buy a Lottery ticket. ;)

workingmomjd

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MX922
Someone today wrote something about single mother or some such. Must not have been you. I still had to look up both acronyms and the rest is probably true as well. :)

Who knew there would be two people on the forum on the same day with acronyms I had to look up?! Maybe I should buy a Lottery ticket. ;)
I'm a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) and I've done it solo, so you may have just divined it from me :lol

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Yes, that was it. If you hadn't spelled it out I would have had to look it up again. :barnie

Did you use that in a previous post?

workingmomjd

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MX922
Yes, that was it. If you hadn't spelled it out I would have had to look it up again.

Did you use that in a previous post?
In my introduction post, on the intro board :thumbsup

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the price of the print head at Amazon is much too high. Here is a French seller of Canon parts. The 59€ equals 71$ or approximately half the price. I think the Amazon offers look suspect, especially the link to "New and 3 used". Notice the "Used and like new" offer at 198$. An authorized dealer of Canon parts offer no used print heads.

I read on the forum that in the US the best supplier of spare parts is often Canon. See this.

Edit: It looks like 20% tax should be added to the French price, but it is still much lower than The Amazon price.

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Take into account that the price at the Eparts.fr site doesn't includes shipping and they charge a non negligible amount, even for relatively near destinations. For instance it's 24 euros from France to Spain. I don't know how much it will be for shipping overseas, but it won't be cheap.
Concerning VAT, it shouldn't be added in the invoice if the buyer is not located in the EU.

Latest posts