Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
mikling said:
The Hat said:
Rod any sign of your order of GO yet, is it coming by boat or camel.. :gig
Down there they have Roos and dingos
And Horses and Buffalo and last but not least yes Camels too.
There were even rumours that the Ark was spotted in the outback.. :lol:

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I think you missed my brainy informative post on the previous page Hat.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
rodbam said:
I think you missed my brainy informative post on the previous page Hat.
Hi Rod I didnt see your delivery hop in; it must have jumped between the humps in front of my eyes.

Have you tried increasing the tint right up to 100% solid and use the high quality setting rather than over printing the GO a second time, if youre going to put it through twice then I reckon you should leave it over night; it may have trouble drying into the already printed ink.

This is where a second printer would come in handy with a full set of carts dedicated to just the GO.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
As I said in my last post I tried many different ways & then got very mixed up with all the excitement of the improvements & fear of wasting good paper. I did try some on higher percentages but got a few of what looked like small water marks (possibly pooling) but I don't remember if that was on a second pass or not.
I will start again from scratch now I am composed again & write everything down like a proper Ink Master should:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
To save on paper Rod you can run an A4 photo through the printer but only put the GO on a small area of it each time you do the test run, say 70 x 90 mm tint and then move it for the next test position, youll get 12 prints on the A4.

After youve done some more testing, single out the colours which looks the most matte or bronze and only print a solid of each colour x ? on a single A4 sheet and use that for mutable testing as above.

Like a proper Ink Master.. :)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
What if you print from a document sort of like a giant black to gray series of steps sort of like a color purge chart but only using shades of black?
then you could see what % shade wold work best. Or is full black still not enough so you are doing a double pass?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
jtoolman said:
What if you print from a document sort of like a giant black to gray series of steps sort of like a color purge chart but only using shades of black?
then you could see what % shade wold work best. Or is full black still not enough so you are doing a double pass?
Good idea Jose something like the one in mikling's Post 41# would be a good one to use.

http://www.normankoren.com/Stepchart_large_color2.jpg

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
The Hat said:
jtoolman said:
Good idea Jose something like the one in mikling's Post 41# would be a good one to use.

http://www.normankoren.com/Stepchart_large_color2.jpg
Great image that for checking your monitor/printer output

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks all:) How do I get the single colours of each cartridge so I can print them out? Jose called it a color purge chart but nothing came up on Google which isn't my friend anymore.