Bronzing problem solved on the Pro 9500

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
mikling said:
Joe, I had suggested using a "negative" of the image in grayscale to vary the depth of gloss applied.
Digital has been with us so long, I bet some folks have not seen a B&W "negative"!
I wish you'd shut up about us idiots wasting all our GO that we've bought from you. :lol:
Seriously dough if the photo turns out that great then its worth every penny and if its not quite right, sure we can always put it back through for a second coating now thats wasting it. :weee

mikling said:
Ok, Hat, I got lost along the way.

So as long as you print using the media type as plain paper, it always uses only the MK setting. Is this right?
As I said I only tested using the plain paper setting and no other, I got such a surprise when it worked so beautifully the first time that I forgot to try any other settings, I was stuck for words it was so simple. (Shocked).:ep

I can see this idea has a lot more in it than I ever imagined and it will evolve more and more as time goes on, I reckon there are far more ways to use this GO to be discovered as yet,I am even thinking of testing it on dye ink to see if it can reduce long term fading..

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I will just spray one even coat of GO over the whole print & if that doesn't look fantastic The Hat is in real trouble:)

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Are you going to send me some prints?
Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
rodbam said:
I will just spray one even coat of GO over the whole print & if that doesn't look fantastic The Hat is in real trouble:)
And if it does I'll only accept X X X by Email :hugs

P.S. But Jose will only accept prints for Valentines. :bow

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Of course I will send you some prints Jose, how many do you want:)
I got really excited yesterday when me Missus said a package had arrived, the shape of the package looked just like a bottle of GO. I ripped it apart & it was some wire connectors for my sons amp. Bugger.
If the GO works then you will get lots of Luv from me Hat:)

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Gawd I'm a silly sod. I thought I would flushed out my mat black cartridge ready for when the GO arrives. I used the modified clip to suck out the mat black ink & put it back in the bottle. After injecting the ink into the bottle I noticed the mat black bottle was on the drain board & not in the sink, the grey bottle was in the sink & it now has 5ml of mat black in it (Let it be known that I now mix my own inks), will this bugger up my grey ink now? The bottle was nearly full, 4oz.
The cartridge is now spotless after about 5 or 6 flushes with filtered water then one flush with Windex & a couple more with water. I now have it sat with a paper towel to see if I can wick out any moisture.
I think when the Hat used the modified clip to refill the PGI9 with ink he used a vacuum method but I just syringed the water straight in & the bag inside expanded OK. Is it OK to inject liquid (ink, water or go) like this?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I think the hat injected some GO to "Rinse" the cart with it before actually filling it for the big operation.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
There is one good thing that has come out of all this Rod, if you ever get a pro 1 youll now have a dart grey ink to use in it. :gig

You can use your modified clip to rinse out your cartridge with water, just treat it as if your refilling ink.

When you ready to start put one ml of GO into the cartridge and suck it out again and dump,
that way your next refill will all be pure GO, Dont forget to reset the chip before your final refill.

Happy Printing and Glossing.. :)

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone used this on papers other than standard glossy? Semi-gloss/glossier satins/metallic/pearlescent/whatever photo papers? Does it make duller gloss papers like Epson's 3/4 star or other mid-level papers glossier than they were before they were glopped?