Bought the Epson P800, thoughts on non-OEM ink?

der Koekje

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
SC P800
Hi all! I've just bought my first prosumer printer, a used Epson P800. Other than the paper front tray not working properly (I'll have to look into that) it seems to be in good shape, especially considering the price I snagged it for. With that out of the way, the print levels are low and I'm currently researching which cartridges to replace them with. As I'm not a professional and I've mainly bought the printer to gain more control over the printing process and try new and various types of paper I'm not sure if Epson Ultrachrome HD ink makes enough of a difference to warrant the price difference compared to non-OEM brands and refillable cartridges. At the same time I don't want an ink that is going to fade in 6 months time and while I will not be selling prints currently I may choose to do so in the future (though at a price that reflects my novice status and reduced longevity ink).

To that end, I'm wondering which non-OEM supplier you would recommend that really hits that price-to-quality ratio well. I don't mind spending a bit more for a lot more quality but at the same time I feel that Precision Color for example is too expensive (especially considering I have to import it to Europe). InkTec seems good and reviews also seem good. but there are various types so I'm unsure which one is the best. There's PowerChrome, PowerChrome K3, PowerChrome K3 Vivid, etc. I'm guessing I shouldn't get the standard UV?

AliExpress also has tons of ink and I have no qualms ordering from there (in fact I love Ali), however quality is often far and inbetween so I'm worried the ink may be too low quality.

Any suggestions? And are all the refillable cartridges the same in their ink delivery consistency?

Also, any other mods I should consider for this printer? Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts