Any interest in a simple Photo thread?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks for the commentary, certainly has a good depth of focus and takes about five minutes to absorb all the detail. I like the colour, all very believable.

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
During some pretty bad weather a while ago I got out and recorded some of the effects on local farms and our water storage. This scene caught my attention for the row of trees and the light.
It was truly lighter around those sheep, but I have enhanced it somewhat, to depict the effect it SUGGESTED to me, so apart from the liberty I took with the intensity of light its pretty well as exposed.

Flood bound sheep.jpg

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Looks like typical English weather!:)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, brilliant pic!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Looks like typical English weather!:)

That rain event lasted a little over a week. Our local Town and area water storage had been dry for a number of years due to extended drought. Our entire State had been on water restrictions for years......The Water Authority stated that it would take ten years of above average rainfall to refill to 100% our local storage......Water BLASTED over the spillway by day five..........there was catastrophic flooding right through a number of river systems, and we cleaned up the mess and PARTIED :ya:weee:weee:weee:ya

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Bear in mind that I am in the High Country where the Little Campaspe River rises we are looking at a pasture, river flats....to the left of frame are a series of bushes growing on mounds below which the "river" meanders its way to a bridge unseen on my left. Normally, hidden from view the "river" is either a series of small pools or when running about 1.5m wide under a bridge. At this point the water was about 24hrs from peaking and had already spread to over a kilometer wide.

Little Campaspe.jpg

This image had been processed, the original raw file was exposed to allow for this.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@The Hat, We'll take all the water you can send also! California's drought is headed the same way as @3dogs.

Folks got no idea what real drought takes away from a community or the individuals.
Nothing grows, seems like everything dies, simply using a petrol mower or tool can spark a fire on seemingly bare ground...farmers dare not drive vehicles in open paddocks driving stock, for fear of also starting a fire.
The fires quit being something that can be quickly and easily controlled. They seem to develop a life and evil lintent all of their own. Big fires in bushland create their own mini environment with strong winds that blast through 'normal' systems and appear able/ intent on finding homes to destroy.
Seeing burned, no yet dead livestock is a sight you want to BEG never to have to witness.