Any interest in a simple Photo thread?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
New for 1931......every farm will have one by the turn of the century!!!!!

View attachment 2931

Yeah! They said something like that about the telephone too.

Yet for some reason people still believe the predictions of modern day prognosticators.

I think by now Miami and NY are supposed to be under water from the rising oceans.

RS

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
At least the old man still gets to drive the tractor.
Nowadays he’d end up in the sidecar. :hit
Very nice B&W 3 dogs..:)

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
At least the old man still gets to drive the tractor.
Nowadays he’d end up in the sidecar. :hit
Very nice B&W 3 dogs..:)

Taken just days before I got my first camera ...........missed by just (.....) that much!!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Regular foggy day image shot on my property, just messing about turning day into moonlit night?

Logs_in_the_Fog-2.jpg

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
An interesting picture. What did the original look like, before 3dogs special effects department took over?

Are these gum trees? Is this the sort of underbrush that poses the fire risk. I believe even Melbourne was getting worried last time.

It might be interesting to put up a picture and see what different people can make of it by editing.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
An interesting picture. What did the original look like, before 3dogs special effects department took over?

Are these gum trees? Is this the sort of underbrush that poses the fire risk. I believe even Melbourne was getting worried last time.

It might be interesting to put up a picture and see what different people can make of it by editing.

Hi Emu,

here is one viewpoint on the current debate about image manipulation. A very deep "rabbithole"

https://luminous-landscape.com/the-very-old-debate-of-image-manipulation/

RS

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon when a photographer alters his photograph to make it more interesting to look at that’s fine by me but when that same photographer tries to submit the same altered photo as an original then that is wrong in my book. (But how can we tell)

Yes we’ve had quite a degree of changes in the photography world over the years and not all of them have been good and expectable, when it come to music for instance, which do you prefer.

One of the many great new digital music creation or some of the old hand written classics that can be played on a wide variety of instruments without it been altered in any way and destroying the listeners pleasure..

Can photography and music be put into the same class, perception has it's guises too, because it is possible to turn a bad wine into a good wine using today’s new technology..

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Emulator
Regret the image above is in that form in Lightroom within collections. The Original will be long gone as it was nothing outstanding and was a pretty big file as I remember. But it just so happens that I have a log image from the same shoot and that is identical in exposure etc to the original plus a mushroom and derivative. For some reason that I cant fathom now:barnie I deleted most of the rest of that shoot!. I suspect because there were only three subjects, and having got a worthwhile "keeper" (the moonlight effect) I elected to delete the original:weee.........:he

So here goes......FYI Best guess at post processing HDR> Topaz Psycadellic> Layer Masks, multiple, to reveal selective underlying colours tones and textures.

Orig_Logs in the Fog.jpg

Last edited: