Water motorcycle:

640x360.jpg

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
@Roy Sletcher like your composition, is that shot in HDR? Effect in foreground is VERY eye catching so 11/10, is that with the new camera?
On the lens, I have given up on reviews, there are some real tire kickers out there doing them, then there is the ongoing debate if a person has a good copy, and pixel peeping and on and on. My lens shoots super sharp when I do : good focus and keep the damn rig STEADY.
Iam getting to the point where I am seeing reviews are written by folks with some vested interest, somewhere, and added to that each person sees valuse differently. I have lenses covering formats I favour, like my ink and printer, found a combo that works for me and sits well with my likes............end of search.

Thanks for he kind words 3 dogs.

Glad you liked the pic- You eagle eye detecting the modest HDR processing in the foreground was quite correct. Was trying to make the tonal range a little more interesting as the overall effect is somewhat bland. The image did not do well in local competitions, scoring in the low 20's out if 30. Need a score of at least 25 to get into award territory.

Interesting from colour reproduction viewpoint. The final image for a 12 x 18 print was processed as 32bit tiff, and shows much more pleasing colours and dynamic range than the 8bit jpg displayed on this site. I nearly deleted it because of the degradation as an 8bit jpg.

I agree with your comments about pixel peeping, including a lot of editorial comment, seem to be written with an eye to commercial advantage for the writer rather than verifiable results.

The final line, have fun making your images and who cares what others think.

RS
One last thing: I your images are really cr@p - convert them to black and white, print them large, and call it art.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I like that image very much Roy, I am sure it would sell tourist postcards in the thousands!!:) More sky detail might well have been distracting. You should have put a copyright stamp on it.

Thanks for the kind words Emu.

You are obviously a man of discerning vision and fine artistic taste. ;)

Every time I look at it it reminds me I was being eaten alive by mosquitos and small midges. Had left my bug repellant in the trunk of my car 15 minute walk away. Meaning a 30 minute round trip with tripod and all my gear to retrieve it.

RS

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Water motorcycle:

There is another successful attempt, think it was Top Gear, where they used a high powered snowmobile on a lake, which kept going on water with a running start on snow.

Roy Sletcher said "You are obviously a man of discerning vision and fine artistic taste. ;)".

I was just thinking of the money you might make, apart from the artistic merit.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I took an image of a passing helicopter, using a 400mm lens and discovered, upon enlarging, that the co-pilot was looking at me! Looks like a BBC heli.Hel1.JPG Heli2.JPG

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model