AcuJet Cartridges and WiredBeans Higher Capacity Cartridges.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
RC,

Thanks for the information. I'll keep it in mind if I need more carts.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I received the AcuJet cartridges today from WiredBeans. The were sent via USPS Priority mail and were packaged well.

Here are a few pictures:

New in the boxes with a sticker added "Free 25%"
acujet-carts-2.jpg

Shipped in a plastic wrap and a little orange spacer for the clip. Tape covering the exit port and air maze.
acujet-carts-3.jpg

Alotofthings.com (arrow) cartridge
Wiredbeans (AccuJet) cartridge
Canon OEM Cartridge
acujet-carts.jpg

A few things I'm noticing off the bat:
Definitely a larger reservoir tank than the others. An interesting "lip" to the top right of the cartridge. A textured half circle at the top of the cartridge that I'm guessing is either for aesthetics or maybe for easier gripping?

One side note: I noticed the alotofthings.com arrow carts are a tiny bit shorter than the other two cartridges. In the image you may be able to see it on the right hand side that the cartridge doesn't line up as well.

Any suggestions before I pull out my old carts and stick these in?

-EDIT- I originally said these don't have the "knobs" on the left of the cartridge, but they do... it was just hidden under the tape.

Inky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Any news on the AcuJet inks? How'd they perform?

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Inky,

I haven't been printing as much in the last 2 weeks, and I wanted to give the carts an extended test before forming any conclusions. I should have an initial report ready in the next few days.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ditto to what Grandad said, I too am doing more testing before I post. From what I understand Grandad is testing the carts with his own ink. I'm testing the cartridges with the ink that originally came in them. Subscribe to this thread and you'll get notified when new news is posted.

Mark

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello friends:

This is to heartily commend Grandad for his latest in a pattern of tireless testing of products that serves to benefit all participants in this site - most importantly because it is unquestionably credible, not only because of his exceptionally efficient documenting of each critical feature, but also owing to his apparent objectivity. I feel a special sort of validation because I originally introduced the site to the Acujet cartridges and I must say that after reading GranD's report, I too have an enhanced understanding of their performance characteristics.

Judging from the hits on these threads, it's apparent that lots of people have benefitted from Grandad's various efforts and on behalf of everyone: THANKS!!!

Best regards,
Mark

Bruce

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried these - The colors were very far off.

I use an Epson C-84 and was printing on official Epson glossy photo paper. I had more than 50% of ink remaining in my official Epson cartridges for Black, Cyan and Yellow and replaced the nearly empty official Epson Magenta cartridge with the WiredBeans/Acujet version. My test print was an 8X10 of my fiancee - On the test, her skin came out not pink but bright red. Subsequent tests also show this wild variation in color.

I bought these on eBay from WiredBeans and while he drop shipped them from his California supplier, he required them to be sent back to his Canada address for a substantial loss to me in shipping costs.

This guy's tech support is worthless and rude and his personal policies are very anti-consumer. I will never buy from this guy again and would counsel all others to stay clear of his merchandise.

Bruce

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Bruce, I respect your opinion, but so far my experience with the seller has been excellent. I'm still testing the cartridges and the ink inside them so I can't comment on those yet.

Has anybody else had dealings with Wiredbeans that they can comment on?

Bruce

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Rob -

Have you ever had to return anything to him?

When I first discovered the problem, I emailed him (Henry) he put me in touch with his "tech support" at Acujet in California - They were very rude and useless in the extreme. When I complained to Henry about it, he had them ship me a replacement Magenta cartridge - Problem is what came was a black one. I just gave up and was going to eat the cost (the only good thing I can say is they were cheap - but even at free with me only paying shipping they were way overpriced).

Anyway, when I posted that I had a problem with his tech support and quality, he posted retaliatory feedback for me - I just chalk this one up to experiece but wanted to warn others about this guy - He is a wolf in sheep's clothing and in my single experience a fraud and charlatan.

I am not alone in these feeleings - Please check out:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller_info.pl?seller_id=5041&comment=204386#comment204386

Anyway - Good luck with this guy - I can only hope you do not get burned.

Bruce