A perfect way to Purge everytime.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Darth said:
It would be neat if someone could devise a soft cup or something that you could place on top of the cart and apply an empty syringe to and pull a vacuum.

Then get a patent as a medical device to prevent black (or red or ?) lip and tongue disease.:cool:
I dont know but its not that bad, I think it just went out of fashion here some time ago.. :tongue :lol:

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Darth said:
It would be neat if someone could devise a soft cup or something that you could place on top of the cart and apply an empty syringe to and pull a vacuum.
Yep, catalyzed soft silicone rubber. And you could do a purge without filling the printer with ink.

Somebody go for it.

P.S.: I'm actually referring to an appliance to clean the head with cartridges attached.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
ThrillaMozilla said:
P.S.: I'm actually referring to an appliance to clean the head with cartridges attached.
Good grief! You don't want much do you?

Should we build in the toast and coffee maker while we're at it or let that lie till version 2.0? ;)

In all seriousness though I can't see anything coming out of that type unless someone gets VERY creative with silicon rubber sheeting... Although just as I say this my spidey sense is tingling... I might sketch out some ideas on how it might be done but before you ask, nooooo, not going there... I need to reign in my creative side instead of getting distrac... Oooh pretty! ;)

Darth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No, I was referring only to a cartridge, during refill, instead of sucking on the top to pull a vacuum.

Darth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, I just received my purge clips from octoinkjet, but they wouldn't fit the cli-8 carts. I had to modify the small clip by cutting the end where the cartridge spring goes up to within about 1/16 inch of the top. This allows the cart to fit all the way down. Obviously they sent the wrong clips, but I couldn't wait for them to correct it.:(

Now it works great:)

OH NO! Octoinkjet just informed me that I wasn't attaching the carts right. So I have ruined my purge clip.:(:(

Darth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
You are not the only person having had problems figuring out how to attach these clips. See this post: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=51607#p51607
I want to praise octoinkjet. They are not only going to send me a new clip, free, but said they are going to enclose the instructions of how to use the clips with every order from now on. Wish all companies were that appreciative of their customers as they:D

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Darth said:
PeterBJ said:
You are not the only person having had problems figuring out how to attach these clips. See this post: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=51607#p51607
...Wish all companies were that appreciative of their customers as they:D
This was a classic "learning moment" for me, so aside from the inconvenience your end Darth (and I am sorry about that), I really did get smacked upside the head. So, small bit of kit or not, they do indeed need those instructions... Even if most of the male population are going to end up ignoring them ;)

WISVET5951

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you are using the German method for filling, can you use it for purging with distilled water?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you are using the German method for filling, can you use it for purging with distilled water?
Whoops... missed this question...

You can still purge when the cartridge it mod'd for German method but it's worth removing the fill ball to flush and then re-sealing with hot glue or similar for speed.