A perfect way to Purge everytime.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
I do not know if anybody else studied the jero HP/Ca refill devices, but I was very interested the disc of white material which contacts with the cartridges outlet port. It appeared to secured with 2 screws yet must be porous to pass the ink through. Anybody got any idea of what that material is?

I used a 1/2" tap washer on my home made box type device but not entirely successful, material a bit too firm. Mostly use the Octoink clip/luer adaptor but with variable results I think the syringe seals soon get worn out.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'm debating about buying a unit to play with, as much because it might offer me a means of flushing empty cartridges or possibly provide them pre-filled with IS inks rather than empty/unflushed as now...

..ok, I'm kidding no-one here... I want to play! :)

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
barfl2 said:
I do not know if anybody else studied the jero HP/Ca refill devices, but I was very interested the disc of white material which contacts with the cartridges outlet port. It appeared to secured with 2 screws yet must be porous to pass the ink through. Anybody got any idea of what that material is?
It must be silicone. If you look careful at the unit you can see the disc has a hole in the middle.

http://www.jero.de/data/imageslider/1_HpCa_Double_Maxi.jpg

http://www.jero.de/img_big/c8c8d5818af4551b9e43806efd1b522d.jpg

AlteredCarbon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail said:
Right, the clips are now available after a few hours of manufacture.

As per a little feedback, I've made them available as pairs of PGI + CLI clips. Given that they're intended to be used for flushing I realised it's easy enough to flush the clip and re-use with the next colour/cartridge rather than having one for each colour (yes, even I have dumb & dumber days).

http://www.octoink.co.uk/products.php?productid=400
These are an excellent idea, can't wait to get my hands on them. Went to purchase the PGI-52* set, but there was no option to add to cart. I assumed they aren't in stock right now, so added to my wish list. Am I correct, or am I encountering an error on the site?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
AlteredCarbon said:
These are an excellent idea, can't wait to get my hands on them. Went to purchase the PGI-52* set, but there was no option to add to cart. I assumed they aren't in stock right now, so added to my wish list. Am I correct, or am I encountering an error on the site?
Sorry... I had the listing set as "view only" while I was editing the thing and completely forgot to revert it back as being available to buy, so more than a little red faced over here! :/

Got it all sorted so you should be fine...

AlteredCarbon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail said:
AlteredCarbon said:
Sorry... I had the listing set as "view only" while I was editing the thing and completely forgot to revert it back as being available to buy, so more than a little red faced over here! :/

Got it all sorted so you should be fine...
Thanks! Order placed, can't wait to give them a go. :thumbsup

Darth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
:)I normally purge with plain water, but would alcohol dry quicker? And how do you know when they are dry enough?

I just refilled a cart, and am having trouble getting the sponge filled.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Darth said:
:)I normally purge with plain water, but would alcohol dry quicker? And how do you know when they are dry enough?

I just refilled a cart, and am having trouble getting the sponge filled.
The way to purge is to use plain water and if your water is a bit hard in your area
then you can finish off with one or two flushes using distilled water.

If you are having trouble getting the ink into the sponge area you may have dried the sponge to dry
and now its not taking ink the way it should be.

No worries just fill as normal and as long as the outlet sponge has ink then the cartridge will work fine,
you could always put a drop of alcohol on the outlet sponge and leave the cartridge upside down for 15 minutes before using it.

Here is a link for getting the cartridges dry in quick time..:)

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=34175#p34175

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The bci-6 carts that seem to resist saturating the sponge are the black dye based ones. I generally purge several carts at one session and thouroughly dry and store them. Partially filling the reservoir side and then turning the cart at a 45 degree angle with the reservoir on top and gently tapping it on the table sometimes gets it started. If not, I put my mouth to the air vent and apply a slight suction. You need to carefully watch what's happening as you really don't want to end up with black lip and tongue disease! The mild vacuum will pull ink from the reservoir into the sponge.

Darth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It would be neat if someone could devise a soft cup or something that you could place on top of the cart and apply an empty syringe to and pull a vacuum.

Then get a patent as a medical device to prevent black (or red or ?) lip and tongue disease.:cool: