Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Thanks Andrew I will chase it up.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Rod,

Some more info now that I am home I found it at the link above. contacting them will find a local stockist. I paid 50% of the listed price!!!! at the local guy here in Kyneton:

A4 - 200gsm (250 sheet pack) Pt # 003R97967
A4 - 160gsm (250 sheet pack) Pt # 003R94656
A3 - 210gsm (250 sheet pack) Pt # 377U0085253101 this is a gloss coated paper as yet untried

Cheers,

Andrew

Brian,

I am STILL struggling to get onto a supplier of laid paper here, I may have to shop around next time I am in Melbourne. As to having 9000 reasons to be happy.... :ya :weee

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The Hat,

I Googled this definition of laid paper:

Definition: Machine-made text or bond paper that simulates the look and feel of handmade paper is said to have a laid finish. The laid finish has grids of parallel lines that simulate the pattern created by the screens used in handmade papermaking. A special roller creates the laid pattern as the wet paper passes under the roller.

This seems to suggest that the term is being used by your suppliers to cover a product that may be used under different names in different Countries. I am still trying to locate a supplier here that handles the brands you mention.

Rod

I have located another, better ( for my purposes) iGen3 paper in A3 its a Pt # 003R96152 this one is 200gsm and is matte. The owner of the shop says it is a common brand and any good stationer should have it? tho having said that Officeworks Bendigo does not have it and I have not been able to locate it anywhere else?? The A3 200gsm cost me $39 for 250 sheets.

Disabling the Driver colour handling that you have given me is resulting in much better results. I am really not sure just WHAT I was doing, but I got acceptable output, well good enough to take out a couple of best in comp + 1st's. Still whatever it is I am doing differently with the 9000 and the 3880 is giving me better again.......brilliant thank you!

Cheers,

Andrew

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Andrew
I would advise you not to chase brand named laid papers,
its usually better made then most papers but any brand of laid will work much the same as the next.

Now you guys are looking for good cheap quality paper to print
everyday stuff on it, well look no further than the digital print trade for it.

Canon HP, Ricoh, Mitsubishi Oc, and many more digital print manufacturers
do a range of SRA4 and SRA3 papers designed for their particular own brand of printers.

It comes in several different weights from 90 gm. up to 340 gm. and surfaces, like
matte, semi-matte, satin (Wove) semi-gloss and gloss.

Now I dont know if you will be able to source any of these paper in your own particular location
but all high street print shops use it and very well may even sell it, so would stationers and school supply shops.

All of these papers are made solely for the digital copier trade and work extremely well on inkjet printers
unlike the older bond papers which has too high moisture content in it which can cause bleaching..

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Hat, you need to tell us more about papers ..the bulk types in particulr. It is difficult to get more information about the types available and where they are best used.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Fair enough then.

In that case I am thinking that what I am using will be good. You could follow any of the links I have put up for Rod to have a look at it.
The Fuji Xerox iGen3 is a full on Colour laser and colour copier paper acid free etc.

I have also profiled a Classic Parchment A4 176gsm used mostly for certificates. What I am doing is printing Greeting Cards on it.

This morning I made a profile with the ColorMunki for the Artisan 730, it handled the paper weight fine and printed ok.
The printer is running Rhiac dye ink that is giving an aged 'Arty' look. The stock I am using has an aged yellow cast to it and is Pt# 040L17604 and is also a iGen3 from Fuji Xerox.

The image I chose as a test print is Ayres Rock taken at dusk with a light clear sky above. By masking the edges and adding a strong wide feather what I have created looks pretty neat. The sky being
very light in colour only just shows as a 'wash' on the parchment, the rest of the subject is bold and colour true so the overall effect is one that I would buy at a card shop myself. I have simply printed half so I can fold the A4 in half and bingo a card.
Obviously if a person wants to add text inside then another print pass for that would be required.

AS you will see above from my posts to Rod the profiles I made with the proper printer settings are great, anyone wanting to do their own profiling cant go wrong with the ColorMunki its easy to use and
I just cant see any differences really between Cansons' own, my Custom bought, and now my own printed output on the media I am using. Is possible that the BFK Rivas and Ilfords may just give more telling
results. However I am thinking that one would have to be getting a tad anal after all how many will be viewing the work with a set of comparative prints in hand??????

Cheers,

Andrew

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
rodbam said:
Andrew I found this paper at Officworks web page, Fuji Xerox Colotech+ Silk Paper 350gsm FXCSRA3350 & the price is $31.48. It's confusing as to how many are in the pack because under the price it said $6.30 per 100 Sheet(s) yet the pack size said 100 sheets.
Here's the url to the web page.
http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Office-Supplies/Paper/SRA3/FXCSRA3350
That's interesting given the simple choices in the 9000 would you classify this one as 'gloss' for printing? I LIKE the 350gsm part of that nice weight of paper to work with.

The 9000 is REALLY nice to work with, almost has me sorry I did not pursue the 9000 MkII new a bit harder, AFTER I got this one home and running, eBay put up a link to a company in NSW selling them for $545!! I have since tried Googling them (didn't think to bookmark it!!!!!) and they just do not come up in a search of "Canon Pro 9000MkII" for some reason......there were two other sites offering at slightly higher prices. Only one I can get up wants near $800!!

Cheers,

Andrew

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
It depends on how much sheen these Xerox papers have but I think the Photo Paper Plus Semi Gloss would be the one to use.
The Xerox Gloss you haven't used yet is the gloss fairly glossy?
The Mk2 is just faster I think Andrew & maybe there were more paper options.