What is the best sticker Vinyl for solvent ink?

Inspired canvas

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
LATEX 26500 EPSON PRO 9800
Hi, Team PK,

Am new here so Hi everyone

I have a question if anyone can help me, please.

Q. what is the best type of sticker vinyl for HP Latex

crgrove

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10, Epson XP-960
Hi, Team PK,

Am new here so Hi everyone

I have a question if anyone can help me, please.

Q. what is the best type of sticker vinyl for HP Latex
I'm a large-format printing technician who uses a Roland "solvent" printer. If you are just printing small stickers keep in mind that THIN material MAY require you to put Application Tape over it so that it is easier to apply without being floppy (heavy applications of ink can make the vinyl soften and go floppy) and the adhesive side flopping over on itself. Full coverage solvent ink is notorious for this. I don't have experience with latex inks. In any case a thicker material will be better if you don't want to have to have application tape over top, which is an extra cost, extra step and which the customer needs to peel off after applying.
Secondly, think about whether you want the sticker to be permanent or removable. Permanent means that if the sticker is removed later, it leaves behind an adhesive film.
Since I don't print with latex, I unfortunately can't be specific in brand/availability, Except to check out "General Formulations -VFW-NTC-AR/90# Flexible White Vinyl - Removable Adhesive" which MAY or may not be suitable for you. :)

Hope this helps.
Christopher

Inspired canvas

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
LATEX 26500 EPSON PRO 9800
Thank you so much, Christopher, your comments are very helpful, especially when choosing the thickness of the material that I buy.

Thank you again.

crgrove

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10, Epson XP-960
Cheers! I hope it helps.

Latest posts