What companies make the higher quality 3rd party inks/dyes for Epson Printers?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It appears to me that you would need refill cartridges T410XL offered by lots of US companies, and separate one time chips to change once that chip is counted down by the printer firmware. Automatic reset chips are apparently not available, but such one-time chips as a separate item to buy. But I must admit that I'm not familiar enough with the details of all this.

Darkmatter

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-830
I actually want to go 1 time use cartridges to avoid problems like air pockets, clotted ink left over from older refills, etc. Also just saying, "the US" doesn't help very much unless EVERY US ink company has the same quality. :)

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
unless EVERY US ink company has the same quality.
How would you know - as long as there is no measure to specify the 'quality' of ink - refill ink or ink in 3rd party cartridges. you could specify color deviations of such ink vs. the genuine OEM inks, or the light fastness or other criteria but that might go beyond the interest of users who buy inks and cartridges by the lowest price on the market.

Darkmatter

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-830
Luckily there are many different types of people out there who each use their senses and memory to record which companies are better then others based on their own observations. Would it be an easier question if I asked, "Which companies should I avoid?"

*Wasn't aware this question would become this complicated.*

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
"Which companies should I avoid?"
I must admit I'm not familiar with the market situation in your area, but I just would caution you when companies advertise their products with exaggerated claims and you ask yourself whether that all can be true. And don't believe claims that an universal ink fits all printers or even a wide range of it, it's not that simple - groups and product families may use the same ink set e.g. printers with the same printhead and more or less other options - WLAN, card reader , scanner etc - but not beyond that in most cases.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
And don't believe claims that an universal ink fits all printers or even a wide range of it, it's not that simple
I think most people do not care, but not most people on this forum. :D

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Would it be an easier question if I asked, "Which companies should I avoid?"
Yes, most aftermarket inks are assumed to be crap until proven otherwise, particularly those marketed as "universal" as ISF mentioned.

The reason you may have not gotten a specific answer on what brand pre-filled cartridge to buy is that your printer is a bit obscure on the forum. Compounding the issue of quality alternative ink cartridges may also occur when the printer model is relatively new and quality aftermarket inks may not be available yet.

Unless people have experience with your model or that series of printer then they may be hesitant to recommend something. This is a "refilling" forum so most do not buy pre-filled cartridges.

Lastly, Europe may be a better source for higher quality ink in pre-filled cartridges than the USA.

Darkmatter

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-830
The Expression series has been around for a while so that's as good a place for me to start as any. Also, I know someone with a company and an Epson SureColor F2000. Any thoughts on where he could get good ink (for garments)? Epson's prices are crazy.

Edit: As expected, many companies don't have ink for the 830 yet although this one does,
Edit again !

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Edit: Actually got an email from them. They said since they're in the US and I'm in Canada the shipping and customs charges would eat up a lot of the savings. So I found these guys in Canada. Anyone dealt with them?

Edit by Moderator.
Thanks

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Good inks for garments - I assume that some process is intended with a transfer sheet, you would need special sublimation inks for such process and a heat press to activate the actual sublimation process of the inks into the polyester fibres. You cannot quickly swap inks back to normal with such larger format printers.

Inkjetsuperstore - you can give it a try - most of such 3rd party cartridges are coming from Far Eeast and are distributed locally then. Such cartridges can be customized for the dealer and you can't trace them back to the actual manufacturer. You can find similar products most likely on Amazon or Ebay as well, or you get them directly from the source via Aliexpress. Just add the duty rate to their pricing.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Darkmatter, I have kept my power dry till now, on this subject of 3rd party ink resellers, it would seem to me that you’re not listening to the good advice you have been given. :confused:

I reckon your hell bent on the cheapest price instead of quality, and both of these websites as far as I can see, and I’ve checked, are not selling quality inks, more like universal coloured water.

I have removed both website from view and please don’t advertise these dubious ink resellers again please... :(