top fill clearance

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Tudor said:
lin said:
websnail said:
The plus are solid with a tiny 0.7mm diameter hole in the centre..
I don't how you could have measured them to be 0.7mm diameter.
lin, thank you for your measurements, but Martin said the hole in the centre is 0,7 mm in diameter.
Thanks for the pointing out that he was actually referring to
websnail said:
a tiny 0.7mm diameter hole in the centre
that was on top of the plug

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Didn't see your post so not commented as a result.

The above is correct... I was referring to a tiny hole that resides in the top of the plug... It does not extend all the way through the plug either.

Just as a point re: posting... Important to make sure you post outside of the quote marks so your follow-up comments are not missed or assumed to be part of the quote.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
websnail said:
Didn't see your post so not commented as a result.

The above is correct... I was referring to a tiny hole that resides in the top of the plug... It does not extend all the way through the plug either.

Just as a point re: posting... Important to make sure you post outside of the quote marks so your follow-up comments are not missed or assumed to be part of the quote.
My reply was intended to be that way.

[ Thanks for the pointing out that he was actually referring to a tiny 0.7mm diameter hole in the centre" that was on top of the plug ]

It was exactly why I placed the 'that was on top of the plug' out of your quote so that it wasn't assumed to be part of your quote.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Perhaps it would help if I clarified which post I was referring to:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=50457#p50457

The way it's formatted at the moment, you appear to be quoting yourself rather than replying...

Just a friendly suggestion for avoiding confusion, or as in this case, me missing that you'd replied at all...

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
websnail said:
Perhaps it would help if I clarified which post I was referring to:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=50457#p50457

The way it's formatted at the moment, you appear to be quoting yourself rather than replying...

Just a friendly suggestion for avoiding confusion, or as in this case, me missing that you'd replied at all...
Thanks for pointing out that post that I was embedding my reply into a quote. Now as I referred back to at that post, I am surprised that I ended quoting myself in that post. Probably during editing that original post, I accidentally quoted everything.

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
I used my Dremel tool to cut out the plastic in my MP640 to get more clearance above the cartridges...

joseph1949

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
To: MP640

The clearance problem has become a major problem with the new printers from Canon.

I have a MX870 that has a clearance problem. There is less than a 1/16 of space between the cart and the printers case. Sometime in the future I had planned to use my Dremel tool to remove part of the case that was causing the clearance problem. In your reply, you said you had removed part of the case with your Dremel tool. If this is correct, please answer the following questions:

Note: The reason for the questions is that we need to have as much information on how to remove the case for people who have the clearance problem. You do not want to start cutting on the case without knowing what you are doingbig time.

1. What accessory did you use with the Dremel tool to remove the case?
Please provide the name and the part number for the accessory. Also, if possible, please provide a picture of the accessory. If you cannot provide a picture I can do this for you. I just need the name and a part number.

2. If possible, please provide before pictures of the case. If you cannot do this, I can provide a picture of my case. I am assuming that my printer and your printer are close enough so it would give people an idea what the case looked like before the case was worked on. I need to do some research to see if this is true.

3. Please provide after pictures of the case. To highlight the cut you may want to cover the cut edge with white paint. Wite-out can work, also. Without the highlighted edge it will be very difficult to see the cut.

Note: For future reference, it may be a good idea to highlight the uncut edge of the case. You would then take a before' picture of the case.

4. Please provide information on how you kept the cuttings from dropping into the bowels of the printer. My thinking is that keeping the cuttings contained is a major problem. Your information would be very helpful.

5. Please provide an outline on the procedure that you followed when you made the cut(s). This would include the position of the print head, did you remove the print head, did you remove the carts, etc.

I know that the above questions are bit much, but they are necessary if we are going to get a handle on how to defeat Canons measures to make filling carts more difficult. It is an arms race that we need to keep-up with. We cannot afford to get behind.

Thank you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
joseph1949
It is an arms race that we need to keep-up with. We cannot afford to get behind.
There was I thinking that the pen was mightier than the sword.

But I had forgotten all about the humble inkjet. :idunno

Stupid little boy ..
Now go and stand in the corner.. :hu

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
in a couple of hours i should have some pics and a step by step, i can't believe it i had it all done i was attaching pics and i lost everything UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH i'll start over few minutes