Refiller For The Canon Pro1 Pgi-29 Tanks

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
The ward nurse has me locked up refilling all the syringes, this happened after I suggested she used sqeezeasy bottles.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
rodbam said:
The ward nurse has me locked up refilling all the syringes, this happened after I suggested she used sqeezeasy bottles.
Well that explains it... You got the brand name completely wrong for starters!

Doubtless when you start spelling it right she'll let you out... ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rodbam said:
Nice one rodbam:ya
Meanwhile I am having tea with the trainee's.. :caf
And Websnail has being sent to have a Blood Alcohol test for suggesting its spelt SquEasy.. :woot

JukkaKeskinen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I'm newbie at the Forum and I'm here to see if anyone has sorted out the problem in refilling PGI-29 carts. I cut open one cart and noticed that inside of it is a very flat plastic bag. When you drill a hole and put the syringe in it's unlikely that you get the syringe inside the bag and impossible without a sharp tip. And sealing the bag...

Sincerelly Yours

Jukka

JukkaKeskinen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think I got it - can it be that easy? You just have to squirt it in through the outlet of the cartridge. It worked with the cart I had previously cut open, now I try it with a proper one. Get back at you later.

Jukka

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
JukkaKeskinen said:
I think I got it - can it be that easy? You just have to squirt it in through the outlet of the cartridge. It worked with the cart I had previously cut open, now I try it with a proper one. Get back at you later.

Jukka
Hi Jukka and welcome.
I hope you like your new pro 1 printer its a real big beast isn't it.
The answer to your problem is yes there is a simple way to refill these cartridges.

Cutting or drilling these cartridges will only end in complete disaster and you may even lose your print head if you don't notice the leaks in time.
Here is a link showing the only way to refill your cartridges and it explains in details and pictures for you to understand and master.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=52374#p52374

Hope this helps get you out of trouble but please remember don't use any cartridges in your printer that you have altered yourself in any way.

Out of curiosity what inks are you using as replacement for OEM inks?

JukkaKeskinen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I managed to put the ink inside the cartridges through the nozzle with that little valve at the back. It was perfect, no leaks, and I used only one syringe (I washed it after every color). The inks are from Inkjetcarts and they are ProGraf2 Lucid 2 Pigments (Pixma Pro1 compatible) So far all is good. My test picture was perfect and when I compared it to a one I had printed before refilling, I noticed no difference. Excellent picture quality, beautiful. But there was some old ink inside the cartridges and I only know later how good the new inks actually are. Now the problem is how to reset the chip. What method is the best? What would you suggest?

Best regards,

Jukka

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Congratulants with your first successful refill, the best thing to do for now is to weigh your carts
till we can come up with an ARC chip, thats the best I can offer for now.

You will need to profile your printer to take into account that the new ink are slightly different,
it will take some time before the CISS tubes empty of the old stuff but you will notice the change over time..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you want 1200 cartridges and you have a huge need to spend over$1200 then this is surly the bargain of the century.
Its ideal for ink suppliers but not for even the most heavy of users and they only supply it with 25 ml ink per tank. (3 litres)

The second site is suppose to be selling Pro1 inks (reportedly) but if you actually take a look at what their selling closely.

Theres 3 Blue, 2 Grey, 2 Black, 2 Magenta, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 Green, now putting that combination
of inks into your shiny new printer would definitely have some surprising results.

The printer actually uses 3 Grey, 2 Black, 2 Magenta, 2 Blue, 1 Yellow, 1 Red and an Optimiser.

Verdict on both sites in my opinion is: - Run like hell, do not pass go, do not buy this ink. Unless you have money to burn.

Now there is an Alibaba site that is selling Pro 1 ink tanks and its far more user friendlier for value and price anyway.
They do the 12 tanks with 38 ml ink inside which shouldnt hurt your pocket to try out.

I have already bought a couple of sets from there and am still awaiting delivery;
God knows what the Customs will make of it or when they'll even bother to release the stuff. Still waiting !

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/651408853/PIXMA_PRO_1_replacement_cartridge_with.html

The Ink tanks do come with Chips but as to which type that is still uncertain, I reckon there're use once only (Un-resettable type) but one thing is for sure there not ARCs which is a pity.

The jury is still out on the quality of inks supplied with these Tanks but I will be testing it before using it..