Received the redsetter, a question

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
Hello, last week I ordered the redsetter for the 9500 mk II cartridges.

However the seller sent me the PGI-72 v2 redsetter.

There's a chance that this resetter is compatible with PGI-9 cartridges of my 9500 mk II too or is a seller error and he have to ship me the correct one?

Attachments

• DSC_1956.JPG
    DSC_1956.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC_1958.JPG
    DSC_1958.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_1960.JPG
    DSC_1960.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 167

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The redsetters for the PGI-9 cartridges used in the Canon Pro 9500 mk 1 and 2, and for PGI-72 cartridges used in Canon Pro 10 and Pro 10S are different. You should get the wrong redsetter replaced by the seller. A wrong type resetter will not work with your cartridges and might ruin the chips.

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
Meh i feared it >_>

why the sellers are so careless, this is the 2nd product wrong that I have received recently from another seller too...

Because I have a lot of PGI-9 cartridges could be worth a try of this resetter? I'm not scared of ruining the chip, but I don't want that the printer could have problems if the chips are not recognized properly.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Because I have a lot of PGI-9 cartridges could be worth a try of this resetter?
PeterBJ graciously explained you have the WRONG resetter for PGI-9 chips and you reply with inanity as if his words mean nothing.

It is baffling you took the time to photograph the resetter and then start a new thread on the forum instead of contacting the seller.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It is baffling you took the time to photograph the resetter and then start a new thread on the forum instead of contacting the seller.
It might have something to do with him mistakenly ordering the wrong one and then blaming the suppliers.. He has shown in another thread that he doesn’t know exactly how a resetter works !

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
First of all I contacted the seller, then I posted on forum and I searched along the internet informations. I received mixed replies, here saying isn't good for the 9500, seller said that was compatible maybe, in the meanwhile I read on octopus that it was tested with other cartridges too by some users eg the PGI-73 and not sure with others. I wondered why the seller, who I wrote various times for 9500 and PGI-9, had ship me the wrong product saying also that was a new version (maybe backwards compatible with the PGI-9?). At the end after some hours seller sent me another mail telling that the error was done by his worker and that he will provide a replacement, very annoying when you are few countries away.

That why I was willing to sacrify a cartridge in order to test it, would have meant lose lot less time than getting a new resetter.

But please don't reply so annoyed each time if ask twice a stuff or I pose a question in different ways, I just trying to see if all options are considered, this is the way I always do.

Not to be polemic, thanks for your time anyways.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
But please don't reply so annoyed each time if ask twice a stuff or I pose a question in different ways, I just trying to see if all options are considered, this is the way I always do.
The advice given on this forum is usually very accrete and never misleading, so we can’t be held accountable for what other forums say or print, and if you stuck with our advice you might find many of your outcomes much more favourable.

When we say, no it something won’t work then be assured that’s a correct assumption of your current situation, so if you wish to frequent other forums then do so, but please don’t bring back misleading or incorrect information from them..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I have both printers and resetters and accidentally used the wrong one.
It did not work (no lights) but it didn't ruin any chips either.

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
Thanks

Latest posts