Pixma Pro 100s - not printing in centre of page, adjustment options?

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
I have had a Canon Pixma Pro 100s for about 5 years now and often use it to print banners, capes, flags etc for toys. I have a material I can print on both sides and then use a cutting machine to cut the items out. Usually I print on one side, flip the page over and then print a mirror image on the back to create a double sided print before cutting it out.

There has always been some slight deviation between the front and back prints, i.e. they do not exactly line up, but it's probably 1mm or less so is close enough. I recently bought a back-up Pixma Pro 100s (after my original was having some issues, which I resolved, but made me realise I need a back-up just in case!). When I was test printing some capes, I noticed that the non-alignment between front / back printing is MUCH more noticeable on the newer printer and it's out by 3-4mm at least.

Closer inspection showed that it doesn't print images in the middle of the page all that well and has a bias to the right-hand side, by 1-2mm per side, which gives a total of 3-4mm difference in total. This is too much for the items I am making and is very noticable!

What I need is a way to adjust the print alignment and basically tell the printed to print 1-2mm more to the right than it currently is doing. I have the latest Canon drivers with all the associated options, but can't find anything about print alignment that would allow me to do this. I read that other printers allow it though, even Canon ones, but I just can't find the option for the Pixma Pro 100s! Does anyone know how to do it???

TIA :)

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
Also: second question - does anyone know how to contact Canon support? I've looked at their website but it's the usual FAQs etc and no obvious way to email them. I don't suppose anyone knows where their actual contact details are?

***ignore this second post I found their support email on their website***

Last edited:

Roberto Smith

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
Reply from the person who sells the service tool on eBay:

My question:
re Reset Canon ST v5204 Service Tool: It's stated that this works with the Canon Pixma Pro 10 but do you know if it works with the Canon Pixma Pro 100s? Or if there is another version that works with the Pro 100s? Regards, Robert

Their reply:
hi, you must use version st5610 or st6000, and this will work as long as you can enter service mode and have no other.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265687946363
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266023053375

I haven't downloaded or tried the tools they recommend so can't say if they work or not. Just thought I'd pass the info on here (usual caveats apply).