Papers to minimise fade with aftermarket dye inks.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Saw some interesting dyes being used for producing leather products in a TV programme.

No doubt Mikling has already tried them for printer inks?? :)

apetitphoto

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-3620 , Epson wf-7210
Saw some interesting dyes being used for producing leather products in a TV programme.

No doubt Mikling has already tried them for printer inks?? :)
What's the recommended platen gap for a cow?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I have some HP Swellable glossy paper I got for pennies on EBAY quite a while ago and I finally decided to test it on The PRO-100 PC inks. Not a bit of ink puddling as can occur with certain inks. Print had that tell tale "Bas Relief Look" and was a bit tacky but within minutes it was dry to the touche. Much better than other papers I've tried such as older Kodak papers.
Joe

berttheghost

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 9500, pro-1
If the swellable inkjet papers are no longer available for purchase, how about swellable inkjet receptive coatings?

I'm not looking forward to any potential return of 'never-dry' inkjet papers, though.

BTW, if the swellable layer acts as an ozone barrier, it should also act as an oxygen barrier. It should therefore significantly reduce UV fading, at least if the scientists' claims are correct.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It's shipping now with TNT

The samples are as follows:

Glossy: A4X25sheets

Satin: A4X25sheets

Pearl: A4X15sheets.

Satin is luster.Pearl is another type of luster.We are selling more satin paper.Please check.

Alan G

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880
BTW, if the swellable layer acts as an ozone barrier, it should also act as an oxygen barrier. It should therefore significantly reduce UV fading, at least if the scientists' claims are correct.
Not really. UV light is probably more destructive than oxygen or ozone. Look at what happens with high OBA content papers. The fluorescent compounds in the paper are structurally similar to many dyes and with UV exposure they burn out and the paper no longer has the good white point that it did to begin with.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
It's at the electron level. Typical dyes have a seesaw relationship between UV and Ozone. Better ozone resistance and fading due to light is increased. Fade resistance to UV means it is prone to ozone attack more readily. Except for the breakthrough with the OEM dyes and why it costs so much.

Alan G

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880
It's at the electron level. Typical dyes have a seesaw relationship between UV and Ozone. Better ozone resistance and fading due to light is increased. Fade resistance to UV means it is prone to ozone attack more readily. Except for the breakthrough with the OEM dyes and why it costs so much.
Can you explain how this is true from a chemistry perspective? If I recall my physical chemistry (and it's been a lot of years since I finished both my undergrad and grad degrees in chemistry) it's the aromatic double bonds in the dye molecules are damaged and it doesn't particularly matter what causes the damage.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Why is it that no one will accept the fact that all dye ink will fade in time, it’s like trying to get a donkey to run the Derby, he will in time fade too and you won’t get the cigar...:hu

Anyway, it’s more fun doing a reprint, it brings back all the good memories...:hugs

Latest posts