OCP K3 Vivid Magenta ink review

FussyBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
cls said:
BKP200 T0599 Light Grey R2400 15,00
MP209 T0963 vivid magenta R2880 35,00
MPL210 T0966 vivid light magenta R2880 35,00
I'm a little confused as I received the MP209 and MPL210 first test samples about a year ago and the VM and VLM had bad gloss on glossy papers.

I gave some to Jtoolman to review and we both agreed , very bad gloss.

Are you saying that there is a new formula for these 2 and that OCP didn't change the part numbers? If they didn't change the P/N's, then no one will know if you are getting the old inks or the new inks?

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
Oh my.. dear jtoolman :) good idea indeed, i am always trying to keep my expenses on Printers, Refillable cartriges, tools and of course Ink and Papers as Low as possible.

I print a lot for the local kindergarden and church and mybee I will preparing a "crash course" into photography and printing. a 6 session seminar and maybee gaing some new customers whom may need a customized refill solution

I am always buying photographic papers on auction and the "german" version of craigslist which is kleinanzeigen.ebay.de

I love the HP Advanced Photo Papers 4x6". These Papers are bundle with HP Vivera Ink Cartriges for the HP Photosmart HP363 and MANY people just dont use the paper they stock them until they have lets say 500 sheets of it and then sell it for a bargain price. Prints on these papers with any of my pigmented ink printers are just awesome. The Paper itself is PE laminated on the back and show the HP mosaik logo so many customers belive these photo I printed arent print at ALL at home.

I am trying to keep my stuff a little less mixed up
right now I print mainly on my
1400 Photo OCP Dye ink > daily office printing, batch 4x6", batch 329 x 423 mm ( Super B)
r3000 Printbox inks > color critical printing photo and design, various media (never matte)
P50 OCP Dye ink CD/DVD Printing, batch 4x6" jobs

but this will hopefully change into
R3000 OCP Pigmented VIVID > B/W printing, Batch 4x6"
R1900 OCP pigmented > Glossy critical printing!
RX700 (DYE print with its own CISS system 6x180 NOZZLES !! amazing speed) > batch 4x6" and office printing
p50 > CD/DVD Printing and traveling or mobile printer for events

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
FussyBob said:
cls said:
I'm a little confused as I received the MP209 and MPL210 first test samples about a year ago and the VM and VLM had bad gloss on glossy papers.

Are you saying that there is a new formula for these 2 and that OCP didn't change the part numbers? If they didn't change the P/N's, then no one will know if you are getting the old inks or the new inks?
Bob, it is supposedly a new formulation / Check this short video from The Pharmacist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Zz0nl_XlU&feature=youtu.be

FussyBob

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
FussyBob said:
cls said:

Bob, it is supposedly a new formulation / Check this short video from The Pharmacist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Zz0nl_XlU&feature=youtu.be
Yes I did look at the video but still confused why they didn't change the P/N's. You could order the P/N's in the US and get the inks from the same batch as what we already reviewed.

I'll talk to my contact at OCP, Germany (if he is still there), and see what the bottom line is.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Sounds good Bob and if this works out maybe we can go 50/50 on a liter each?

I just sent an email to Debbie Benavidez at Rjettek to see whether they even know about this. I expressed that I was not interested in anything but these newer V. Magentas.

CLS is the "Hookup" for the lads in Europe.

Joe

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
If I would just send 250ml of ink to the us registered Airmail it would take over 20 work days to arive but its really cheap 7

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes it is crazy! I would be willing to wait that long though.
Whenever I did order OCP from our USA office and they didn't have it in stock, I would have to wait months sometimes as they would order a whole container full of goods only 4 times a year.......by ship. So you can just imagine.

So are you saying to are a dealer? Hint Hint!

Joe

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
I am not a dealer as you wanted it to be, i have a business with IT services and consulation. I would just order the amount you wanted and pass the exact total cost too you. MAYBE you would have to pay addition import fee / taxes but when I send anything overseas I mark them most times as "defective return" or as "ware sample" and put a 0,0/ 0,0 USD invoice into it

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I can handle that! PM me and we can talk.

Thanks

Joe

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Guys,

despite the good performance in glossiness, the ink still suffers more or less from bronzing and metamerism.

Sometimes one has to confess the results might be not so good as it should be. Today I tried a real world picture with a massive area of orange on HP Glossy paper and despite the good gloss of the individual colours, the result of mixing magenta, yellow and cyan to create orange, causes this specific area to be rather matte, due to gloss differential. Pure magenta, yellow and cyan are very glossy, put combined in some real world colours, the results are matte. I don't understand why... No problems with pearl/satin papers.