newbie looking for an a3 printer that can print on card

Alistair

kickbox
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson
What exactly do you mean by 350 gm. stock, is it Matte card or Photo card because all of the above machines will run 350 gm. Photo stock without any difficulties ?

Smaller desktop printers tend to labour while trying to print on heavier stock and will wear out and fail because there not designed for that type of work..
Hi,I am not sure wether the examples I purchased are photo card or matte card.
All it says is it is ultra white premium quality thick white card.(no mention of photo card)
All of the above printers are way too expensive for me,I am hoping to spend upto between £150-£200 max.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
'thick white card' - I would assume from that description that this is regular card stock, and not photo paper with 350gr. Photopapers come with a special surface coating - glossy or silk or matt - which very much improves the color saturation vs. regular plain paper prints. Color prints on normal paper, or carton in this case, look pretty dull compared to such photo paper prints. You may be able to find a used model of one of the types referred to above.

Alistair

kickbox
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson
I never thought of that,I'll take a look at 2nd hand printers.
thanks.

Alistair

kickbox
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson
300gr is about a typical photopaper, not cardboard, such paper would run easily on an Epson 1500W. One rather important question is about the ink - pigment or dye - that would depend as well on the use of the printouts - exposure to light/UV, and whether it is planned to use refill and 3rd party inks or to stay with the manufacturer's inks
Do you know if 350gsm card could be used with this printer?