New Member - Expat in the Dominican Republic

windeguy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3150, Epson WF545
Hello All.

I have been using inkjet printers for years. HP, Lexmark and Epson so far. I use them primarily for printing documents or making passport photo copies of our clients who rent from us in the Dominican Republic. My needs up to now have been rather simple and not very finicky when it comes to color or image quality. I just need something reliable that produced good enough results.

I look forward to gaining knowledge from this forum and have posted already in the generic ink subforum with questions about compatible inks for the low end Epson L3150 I just purchased.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Check out the Maxify line of printers from Canon. They are All-In-One pigment ink printers targeted for SOHO's (Small Office Home Office) so they have a good build, can handle higher duty cycles, have large ink cartridges, and can be refilled if you like or use third party prefilled cartridges. Using OEM Canon ink they are essentially bulletproof in my experience.

They are not photo printers but have good image quality for an office printer.

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...-black-cartridge-for.13821/page-2#post-120056

One negative is the flimsy paper output tray. This seems to be common cost saving design from Canon nowadays. Avoid re-enacting a bull in a china shop and all should be well.

windeguy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3150, Epson WF545
Check out the Maxify line of printers from Canon. They are All-In-One pigment ink printers targeted for SOHO's (Small Office Home Office) so they have a good build, can handle higher duty cycles, have large ink cartridges, and can be refilled if you like or use third party prefilled cartridges. Using OEM Canon ink they are essentially bulletproof in my experience.

They are not photo printers but have good image quality for an office printer.

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...-black-cartridge-for.13821/page-2#post-120056

One negative is the flimsy paper output tray. This seems to be common cost saving design from Canon nowadays. Avoid re-enacting a bull in a china shop and all should be well.
Thank you for that, but I just purchased a printer and my questions (which are in another thread I started today) are specifically related to the Epson L3150 regarding compatible inks.

The problem I have with ordering things where i live is they cost a lot to ship in and have at least 19% import duty on top of the shipping. So I buy what I can locally.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sorry. I thought you were looking for something for the office.

Latest posts