New Light Standard Design... I hope...

More Up-dates....Here’s my latest outburst…

This is her just hot off the press and she stands 29.3 cm high and 25cm wide, and it took 134 hours to complete using 1684 gms of filament and this was the biggest piece printed yet.
P1010527.jpg Untitled-12.jpg click to enlarge..
This section of the project is designed to hold 4 extended curved poles to which I’ll mount the lanterns on, that’s the theory anyway.:D

One interesting point dough, I reckoned I was going to have a Microsoft issue with the amount of hours that the LED screen could display, you can see that it’s only calculated to show 99:59 hours. (Millennium bug):eek:

Untitled-11.jpg

At that point I was about to poop myself, but thankfully the display reset to zero and the printer carried on printing and displayed the extra time calculated, omitting the previous 100 hours, when it finished it did show the total time… ;)

P.S. Is no one else using their 3D printer these days.. :pop
 
This is the latest standard lamp piece.

It’s the outer Elbow that the lantern will sit on, now all I need is another 3 pieces of this.
This is fairly small section, standing at 255 mm..
Elbow.jpg click to enlarge..
Look forward to seeing the whole shebang in action. :)
So do I...but we'll all have to wait...:(
 
Looking good. :thumbsup

Why are there green colored sections?
 
Why are there green colored sections?
I was using green filament on another project and was trying to save a bit on the black, which I’m running low on, I waited till the last minute to swap over, because I won’t be getting a delivery of black filament till next week, the bit on the left is scaffolding and the bottom green tube bit will be inserted into another piece and won’t show…;)
 
I was using green filament
Like the classic combo of peanut butter and jelly, if anyone ever had green filament it would be, of course, you. :)
 
Thought that would be fairly obvious @stratman - It's the national colour and it is mandatory to keep several rolls in stock, otherwise the printer Garda (that's the police in Ireland) will descend and confiscate the equipment :):):):):weee
 
This is my next section of the lamp standard, it’s positioned near the top as a bracket to hold the arms up that accommodate the 4 lanterns, another lantern will be placed on top of this piece also, but I still have a bit more cleaning up to do to remove bits of the supports..
P1010552.jpg Untitled-13.jpg Untitled-11.jpg
Like the classic combo of peanut butter and jelly, if anyone ever had green filament it would be, of course, you
Here’s a piece that goes inside the centre column, @stratman please note, other colours are used just as much as green… :p :p :p...:lol:
P1010549.jpg click to enlarge..
 
, @stratman please note, other colours are used just as much as green… :p :p :p...:lol:
What else can you do when you run out of other filament colors. :idunno:gig

Anyhoo, congratulations on making another toilet paper holder! :ya
 
Back
Top