Canon use Dye in their pigment bottled ink !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
16,257
Reaction score
9,193
Points
453
Location
Residing in Wicklow Ireland
Printer Model
Now have 3 Ender-3 V3 Plus SE/
The other day I needed an A4 sign for an advertisement, so when I was finished making it up, I displayed it in the outdoors, I used, Red and Black for all of the text and I taught that was that..

Well to my amazement the black colour ran off the paper, while the other colour held up to the rain, this was printed on a Canon Maxify using Canon bottled inks..

The offending Canon bottled ink (170 ml) was Canon GI-56<BK>.. and I have now removed this ink out of the black Cart and replaced with Chinese Compatible HP BK pigment ink..

Now the prints are colour fast again.. So much for using genuine Canon inks.. !
I have never questioned the quality of Canon inks before, but now I know different.. :th
 
probably counterfeited: where did you bought it ?

Safety Hologram was legit on the box ?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top