My new printer: Epson Photo R3000 A3+ printer !!!

teebe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all, i got my R3000, first printer at all, few mismatch with cal display, actually very high quality results, compatible with best Kodak paper and chemical process.

Big question: how to refill my R3000 small tanks with Epson K3 ink from T603 cartridges? (x4saving)

Thanks
Teebe

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I'll leave that to the owners of R3000s but your best bet is to purchase Refillable Carts from a reliable source.
The OEM carts are pretty much impossible to refill and reset.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
jtoolman said:
I'll leave that to the owners of R3000s but your best bet is to purchase Refillable Carts from a reliable source.
The OEM carts are pretty much impossible to refill and reset.
Yes indeed: buy a set of refillable cartridges and suck out the ink from your LFP cartridges and inject the ink into these refillables. Do not forget to prime the cartridges the very first refill to remove the air pouch in the upper chamber before the ink outlet.

teebe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks all, any suggestion to custom cartridges?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Are you in the UK or the US? We usually do not suggest from whom you should order as each of us have our favorite sources.
But there are several. Stay away from CHEAP ebay deals.
PM me and I can give you several excellent sources.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Great price but beware of cheap semmingly identical carts! The diferrences are hard to detect. Such as weak weld seals on the plastic film that always covers one or two sides of an ink cart.
But at $36 you can probably take the chance.

gheder

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I have the R3000 and it produces excellent prints. But here in Norway the ink is just to expensive so I was thinking about buying 3rd party refillers. With my previous printer HP B9180 I also used 3rd party ink and was a happy camper. But with the R3000 Im really confused. Ive read everything I could find here and on dpreview. Ive looked at Cone, Inkjetfly and Inkjetcart. But I cant find a comparison between the 3. In the forums experience which resembles the oem ink the most, with the current generation of 3rd party ink? Both in colour, b&w and characteristics(bronzing etc)?

Thanks in advance

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I'm using Precision Colors ink in my 1400 and I'm very happy with the results. I used to buy inkjetcarts for years but the quality of their products and service went down the drain this year (leaking carts, badly matched pigment inks and no profiles available) and I wasted a lot of money before finally giving up on them permanently.

Latest posts