Modifying Canon MX700 for CISS

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
nikiforospav said:
hi there to all of you!!

i just purchase this ink system from ebay for my canon mx700

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=400052910467

i follow the instruction, but i get 2 errors one it doesn't recognize 2 carts blue and magenta and the other is that it gives me a <<6502 error>>

any help?

how can we reset the mx700?

thanks in advance
6502 error = Ink Tank Position Error = None of the ink tank position is detected.
I found this error code from MP830 service manual. Relating to what you are doing, this error explanation may apply to your case. But I have no idea how to fix it as I do not use CISS.

With the LoneStarMBA experience, I suggest that you stop playing with the CISS before it is too late. Put back the original cartridges. Good luck.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
embguy, his problem is possibly due to the CIS design -- I've noticed that it leaves an opening on the cover from which light may find its way to the sensors and confuse them. If he tries in a dark room and the printer works, his problem can be fixed.

nikiforospav -- ναι φίλε.

LoneStarMBA

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Got the new printer up and running. So which replacement ink do you recommend? Remember, very little if any photo printing and periods of no use. So something that does not dry out yet is economical would be great.

(P.s. Came with new ink and printhead and they even tossed in a cheap network hub for free.)

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
LoneStarMBA said:
Got the new printer up and running. So which replacement ink do you recommend? Remember, very little if any photo printing and periods of no use. So something that does not dry out yet is economical would be great.

(P.s. Came with new ink and printhead and they even tossed in a cheap network hub for free.)
HobbiColors and Precision Colors are the two most popular inks here. Both use eBay storefronts. Both are excellent.
Search these forums for info on refill methods...German or top-fill.

nikiforospav

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i replace the chip from the othe cart that lights up to the one that does't and it lights up when i put it in place
so i guess that might the chips from the to cart are off?

i will try it, i and i will keep you informed

panos said:
embguy, his problem is possibly due to the CIS design -- I've noticed that it leaves an opening on the cover from which light may find its way to the sensors and confuse them. If he tries in a dark room and the printer works, his problem can be fixed.

nikiforospav -- ναι φίλε.