MG5300 reset counter

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
Thanks Peter. I did copy it as an RAR file but was unable to shift it from my Mac desktop to Windows 10. I followed the instructions on VirtualBox but for some reason I couldn't migrate it into the VB folder. Have you got the original URL? I could open that in Win 10 and download it from. there.

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Apologies Peter - I'm not thinking straight. I've just realised that all I need to do is to open Printer Knowledge in Win 10, navigate to your post, then drag it into my Win 10 desktop.

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Followed The Hat's instructions but no-go.
Factory reset then uninstalled the printer.
Followed Peter's link to download the printer driver.
Downloaded the program and followed the instructions.
Could not find printer.
Tried via wi fi - same result.

I think the problem must be that it doesn't like working via the emulator. So should I be lucky enough to find a person who speaks English and is willing to lend me their pc (unlikely, as I've been here fifteen years and do not know of such a person) I will do as The Hat suggested and call it a day.

As it's today, I'll call it Thursday.

Many thanks to all of you for your kind and patient help.

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Happy ending!

I downloaded a trial version of Parallels and it gave me Win 11 for free. Followed the procedure as described by Peter,after downloading the tool from the Canon website on Win 11. Unplugged my other printers and connected the MG via USB. Parallels gave me the option of connecting to the Mac or to Win 11. Chose Win 11 and bingo - the tool worked and I was able finally to set the absorber counter to zero.

What would I do without you all - thank you!