MB2720 - First refill with problems

Metallo

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Anybody? Sorry guys I am stuck with this and both my printers do not currently work with colors.

I really appreciate your help, and yes, I read a lot but I could not find the answer to my questions above.
That does not mean it is not in the forum, but I simply could not find it... perhaps just tired after reading so many pages :(

Thank you!
Alex

Metallo

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Stratman,

Thank you for the links.

So to summarize:
  1. I need to remove the 'one time reset' chip from the OEM carts (any best practice to snap them out?) and replace them, with the ARC ones.
  2. This means I could use the ARC that are on the refillable carts I purchased from preciouscolors, I should not need to buy separate chips, am I correct?
  3. Regarding the volumes, when I removed the black tank, that was empty, so I know I can add aprrox. 34ml, but the color tanks were not totally empty. How do I know how much ink I can add? I guess by weight, but I do not know the weight of an empty PGI-1200 color tank. Anybody knows?
Thank you,
Alex

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
So to summarize:
I do not refill the Maxify.

The answers to your questions may be in the second link of my post above. It has 38 pages of comments on refilling the Maxify. Even if all your questions are not answered you still may find useful information.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Be aware also that 1 ml of ink doesn’t weights exactly 1 gram.
Probably it varies a bit with the brand, but pigment ink is always denser than water.
I’m using Inktec to refill my Maxify. For this brand, 100 ml of ink = 106gr.
Therefore, if you intend to refill with 35ml a PGI-1200 black cartridge, that’s aprox 37-37.5 grams, depending on your third party ink.

Metallo

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thank you all.

I use precisioncolors inks, I am sure Mike has the answer regarding his inks' density, let's see if he reacts.

Do you think if I add the ink to the OEM color tanks, (which they still have some of the genuine ink in them), it creates a problem mixing them?
  • If that is the case, is there a way I can totally remove the remaining ink from the OEM?
Also, I am going to use the ARCs of the aftermarket carts I was provided by precisioncolors.
  • Any best practices you want to share to remove the chips from the OEM carts?
  • I guess I can simply glue the ARC, correct?
Many thanks guys!

Alex

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Sorry I didn't know this was about a Maxify.

You can remove all remaining ink and if you wish flush with demineralised water with the same tool you fill new ink.

You don't have to glue the chips, they remain in place with the second tab if you follow the instructions. In case use a removable glue (as the kind of chewing gum to fix frames to the wall).

As mentioned, the Maxify needs a cartridge with enough ink to prime and a not empty chip to resolve errors due to missing ink flow.

Metallo

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't know this was about a Maxify.

You can remove all remaining ink and if you wish flush with demineralised water with the same tool you fill new ink.

You don't have to glue the chips, they remain in place with the second tab if you follow the instructions. In case use a removable glue (as the kind of chewing gum to fix frames to the wall).

As mentioned, the Maxify needs a cartridge with enough ink to prime and a not empty chip to resolve errors due to missing ink flow.
Thank you for the tip Palombian.

I am waiting for the syringes and tapered tip to arrive so that I can refill the OEM Carts.
I have printed more than 150 pages with the aftermarket carts, a total disaster, unless you run a cleaning cycle, every time before printing, which is clearly not what you are supposed to do.

So considering that I am currently using those carts with their own ARCs, should I just replace the chips on the OEM with the ones I have on the aftermarket carts, and that should be it?
Should I expect any surprise in terms of reset errors?

Thank you! :)
Alex