Lame 9500 printhead unnecessary cleaning + trick

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
I can confirm that the 9500 with the ink control function disabled for all the colors start doing clean head after each print.

I have to get myself a chip resetter however i tried a trick in the meanwhile.

Do a print,
just after the print send another or turn off the printer with the front I/O button (gentle closing not things like pulling out the outlet cord).

The turn off command will have precedence over the "revenge cleaning" and the printer will shut off doing only the roller cleaning part. Then within a minute just turn on the printer again, it will forget the "revenge" and will be ready to print again. Also because you just started it with not too much time passed in the meanwhile it will not start doing even any "startup little auto cleaning", it will be ready for print from the start :)

I have not installed a printer potty to check if everything works as it should, the ones with a 9500 could provide additional feedback.

For what concerns the 9000 it seems to do only the roller cleaning part anyways without revenge cleanings.

I also have to point out that if the revenge cleaning part is really happening and is confirmed across multiple models it could probably be heavy pursued in Europe because it's something that you just can't do. Indeed I'm also curious to know if this behavior also affects new printers including the pro-1000 one...

Last edited:

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
Anyways, could you guys suggest me a seller for the chip resetter for the 9500 cartridges?

I found one from Germany for no less than 50€ + 10€ shipment... it's too much in my opinion...

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
IMO since most 9500's are out of printheads, it must be possible to find a workless resetter somewhere...