stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
ghwellsjr said:
stratman said:
ghwellsjr - Thanks for making that clear as mud.
I always try to make my comments clear but your comment makes me wonder. Did you not get the message that I was recommending the Dell monitor over the HP monitor? What part did you not understand?
I see you edited your post. What changes did you make?

Your post was convoluted and confusing, and I read it several times. It happens to the best of us. I should have used an emoticon to demonstrate the light-sided ribbing I was attempting.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I just added the phrase "30-inch" twice on the last sentence to make it clear that it was only that particular sized monitor that used the same LCD between HP and Dell. The older Dell 25-inch monitor was the one I had problem a problem with.

All I'm saying is that there are several reasons to favor Dell monitors over HP monitors, especially if they use the same LCD and those reasons are that you get more features on the Dell monitors, including more different kinds of video ports and the memory card readers.

If I had gotten a pair of Dell monitors with my Dell computer and its video card, I would not have had a problem using a pair of DisplayPort interfaces to connect to the monitors. The HP 30-inch monitor did not have a DisplayPort interface and the video card did not provide two of the older style video interfaces that the HP monitor required.

My complaint against Dell was that they told me that the video card would work with the HP monitors because they supplied an adapter to go from DisplayPort to the older interface but what they didn't know was that the adapter only works in single mode instead of the required double mode for the higher resolution of the 30-inch monitor and so it made the monitor work with 1/4 of its native resolution.

Does that clear it up?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Yes. I have no desire to argue your experience. Make sure the monitor you buy has the requisite ports and video options for your setup and needs.

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK, Even on 0 brightness she's still bright on sRGB preset, probably need sunglasses!
Speed test... pretty damn fast for an IPS. This is actually the AO2 revision with newest drivers.
OK, 355.00 plus freight ... $400. to my door. Still has warranty left, no dead/bright pixels.

Let me get the ColorMunki out and see what we can do.

Told my wife its her birthday gift and she's speechless.. the other one should arrive tomorrow!

By the way, this has every port known to man on this planet.. I already had a video card featuring Display Port and Dell was kind enough to include every video cable known to man except a HDMI.

OK, congratualtory drink is in order and on to the ColorMunki.