iP7250 Service Mode

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I had no problems with setting the MG5450S used for testing back to D=20 after the test using service tool v4720. But I don't remember the source of the tool. Later today or in the week-end I am willing to try changing the D-value on my iP7250 to different values and finally back to 10% using the downloaded tool from the Thai (?) website.

pixmania

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The service tool v4720 does work, i was looking for a change in absorber value when reloading the tool. I now realise you have to print out the eprom to see the change has actually taken place. I believe tool v3200 is also ok for canon ip7250.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Fiddling around with theses Service Tools can lead to undesirable consequences..o_O

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Fiddling around with theses Service Tools can lead to undesirable consequences..o_O

I think we'll have to wait until the ink absorber of a PRO-10 or Maxify is full to know if these printers can be reset.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
My answer to that is, No because Canon have learned and block off all of these avenues to the home user, The early Pro 1's were the last printers that you could reset but nothing since..

pixmania

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thank you for the link. Firefox warned against the file, but I could override the warning and download the zip archive. AVG Internet Security found nothing wrong in neither the zip archive nor the unzipped folder.

I guess your iP7250 is from before July 2015? Notice the firmware updater from July 22nd 2015. Druckerchannel reviewed the printer on November 12th 2012 and wrote the absorber article with reset instruction on February 6th 2014. Notice that both articles are from before the firmware update in 2015, so maybe ST v3200 can be used on iP7250 printers from before July 2015?

So what is your firmware version and 1st install date of the printer, please?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe I was too quick to say the service tool from the new link is OK? The service tool might not be safe even if AVG found nothing. Another computer with Windows Defender found "Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C" and Malwarebytes Antimalware found "HackToolAgent". I submitted the file to Virustotal, and 34 scanners detected some malware. I wonder why different scanners found different malware. I still wonder if the service tool is safe to use or not.

@pixmania have you scanned your computer after having used the STV4720 and is your computer still clean?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I wonder why different scanners found different malware.
Each antimalware application has its own heuristic algorithm, and thus their own nomenclature for suspicious code identified in the "wild" but not yet agreed upon name. Another part is each antimaleware may have its own minor nomenclature for variants of known maleware.

In your VirusTotal link, ESET-NOD, the most trusted of the list IMO, found "A Variant Of Win32/HackTool.Patcher.N ", which you can Google (I saw not much more than general info on Google).

Hacking tools get flagged whether they are benign or not because these tools may contain known bits of code that is already known and can be harmful or illegal, such as used to hack payware into freeware. Not only is this pirating and illegal but also the hacking application may deliver an unknown harmful payload onto your hard drive. Hence, the general finding, not specific, that the malware flags.

Why some antimalware apps flag suspicious code and others do not is a question for the makers of the antimalware app.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
For what it's worth, Norton didn't like the download either and automatically removed the file.

Norton.jpg