ip4500 problems again, electrical?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
popsy said:
10 flashes, then a pause, then it starts over.
According to Canon's help file ten flashes means you cannot perform duplex printing
which is totally crazy but that what ten lights mean.

It suggests you press the resume button (orange) and your printer will print a single sheet.
Maybe there's some logic (board) in it who knows try it anyway.. :gig

popsy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Here's a surprise - nothing happens. The lights just keep on flashing...10 times...until I push the off button.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
popsy said:
Here's a surprise - nothing happens. The lights just keep on flashing...10 times...until I push the off button.
No that was no surprise at all; your printer is reporting false information and giving out all the wrong signals.
The Hat wrote which is totally crazy but that what ten lights mean.
If your logic board has being damaged then that would explain all of the things that are happening to your printer,
so unless you can get another board the end is at hand sorry.. :(

popsy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input. Too bad about the outcome. :hit

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
How far did you get in dismantling your printer (as per your other thread)? I wonder if you may not have connected something or otherwise have not quite put back just so.

popsy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I removed the top and sides. I didn't really do anything to the printer. How it all started was it had been sitting doing nothing for a week or two so I was going to run a nozzle check and print something to keep it open. I asked it to start and it went through a bunch of noise like they do when they're getting everything ready, then it just stopped. I was doing something else and didn't pay attention to anything other than it had powered off. I started it again, same thing over, and maybe again and then it wouldn't come on at all. I took the top and sides off to get the carts and print head out and then put it back together. I didn't see any pieces fall off or anything. I took the sides and top off again when I started checking the gears as instructed further up this thread. Now with the printhead installed, and using your ps, it won't power on at all. It would still come on with the old ps. I guess it wasn't bad, after all. But now, it sits there and glares at me. I get error B200 on the screen.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Error B200 is the print head voltage or the temperature is not normal,
so it would suggest you have fried your print head and possibly the logic board.

I think its time to give up on your printer as there is nothing worth saving on it now except the cartridges..:(

popsy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Okay. I give. With a sigh of relief that it's over. Are the power supply mods useful at all? They will still power on without the printhead installed.

popsy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
OMG that's funny! Exactly how I plan to fix mine.