websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
stratman said:
websnail said:
... I figured that Grandad was trying to help, not remonstrate a small child of 53..

Just a thought...
Scratching head a bit with your comment.

Do you think I was belittling Grandad35?

If yes, how so?
No, I was commenting re: a couple of the posts, don't think yours was one of them... It just seemed the thread was getting less about solving the problem and more about a few nerves being tweaked unintentionally...

I hate text only communication because invariably someone gets the wrong end of the wrong stick..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
websnail said:
No, I was commenting re: a couple of the posts, don't think yours was one of them... It just seemed the thread was getting less about solving the problem and more about a few nerves being tweaked unintentionally...

I hate text only communication because invariably someone gets the wrong end of the wrong stick..
I'm glad you don't think I was involved, though I'd rather you were sure.

I didn't realize anyone felt slighted until your comment (I did not take Jackson's comment as serious).

Grandad35 is a king in this forum. His wisdom and experience is unquestionable. In no way was I attempting to demean him. In fact, I posted a somewhat detailed overview about compressed files, graphics files and file downloading sites because it was Grandad35 that brought up the issues.

In other words, only a few posters would elicit a response from me on this topic in this forum. My respect for Grandad35 was the reason for my posts.

I do agree that the thread has been off course from the original commentor, but, the flow seems to be natural given the significant events that transpired (Token's links and files questioned and Grandad35's views about compressed files).

As you said, given the vagaries of text communications in accurately portraying intent or emotion, understand I bear no ill will towards you. You are another poster that has my respect. I just wanted to post my intent and reasoning so that there would be no question.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Blimey...

Ok... to clarify, everyone has an off day so if I assumed anyone got a bit uppity it was just one of those days. I have them with increasing regularity it seems...

Anyway... point taken and I think if anything I'm wondering if I was the one on the wrong end of the wrong stick with the Professor Plumb in the Library. I'm still trying to work out if he's dead or I am... Oops..

In terms of irony or humour though I find that I'm so reliant on smilies as the "tonal" or (to give it the proper term) "prosodic cues" for communication. Without smilies it's a bit like trying to decide if someone is serious or kidding when they're a ghost in a coal mine at midnight.

... and so this thread takes on a whole other twist away from the original topic. I never thought I'd ever be using "prosodic cues" on a printing forum though... :)

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
websnail said:
Blimey...

Ok... to clarify, everyone has an off day so if I assumed anyone got a bit uppity it was just one of those days. I have them with increasing regularity it seems...

Anyway... point taken and I think if anything I'm wondering if I was the one on the wrong end of the wrong stick with the Professor Plumb in the Library. I'm still trying to work out if he's dead or I am... Oops..

In terms of irony or humour though I find that I'm so reliant on smilies as the "tonal" or (to give it the proper term) "prosodic cues" for communication. Without smilies it's a bit like trying to decide if someone is serious or kidding when they're a ghost in a coal mine at midnight.

... and so this thread takes on a whole other twist away from the original topic. I never thought I'd ever be using "prosodic cues" on a printing forum though... :)
"Uppity"?
Unless the word has changed it's meaning, I assume you are running a cotton plantation in South Yorks, UK?

Token

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Warning; on-topic post ahead...
:p
Today, i found some free time, and took my printer to the service centre. They had a look at the nozzle check, and they're going to try to get the head replaced from canon. They said they will call me later this week when it is ready to pick up.

Smile: If they dont manage to fix/replace my printhead, i may try your method.

As always, i shall keep the forum posted on what happens

</on-topic>
<off-topic>
:D

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Token said:
Warning; on-topic post ahead...
:D
Don't let it become a habit, eh?

ax1nvc.jpg

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ROFLMAO... Ok... I yield... :D

And no it's a waste ink recycling plantation where printers seem to go to die...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Token:
Good luck with Canon. Hopefully the service shop will put things in proper terms that convince Canon to do their duty. Awaiting the verdict.

Websnail:
I had to look up "prosodic cues." The voice inside my head sounded very confused while reading. (my poor attempt at humorous play on the definition!) Also looked up the difference between "blimey", "cor blimey" and bloody hell" on urbandictionary.com. Linguistics 'R' Fun! ;-) (Note jocular smilie. Seeing many smilie's since your comment. Smilie overload. Bloody hell. Just kidding!!)

Panos:
Great firewall evaluation site. . (I hope that said "thank you" - otherwise, blame Google Translate!)

Jackson:
I knew you were more jester than jouster! Very funny pic.