Inktec vs OCP vs Epson vs NanoDigital pigment inks

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
I emailed them, yes. You are going to have to apply for an account with them if you are interested (they are B2B). They sell 1L bottles at the minimum and only accept bank transfers...

There are a couple more places I know of that stock Inktec inks:
http://www.refillsupermarket.co.uk/...598_612.html?zenid=irujja5sqd73n10bkm4mt83e27
http://www.octopus-office.de/

I don't know what printer you are using, but maybe they have inks for your model. IL bottles sell for 29.90GBP at the first link.
Even 60GBP/liter is not that expensive though, that's roughly 0.015GBP per 10x15cm.

Alrighty Roo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Awesome, thanks a lot! I will send them an email. I have an R3000 so I'm looking at this ink, it seems refill supermarket don't sell it. That link is inktec's UK website and there all the epson ink is £59.99 or more per litre but I suppose that's because they're only selling one litre at a time.

Alrighty Roo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Exactly, hence I wondered how costadinos got it so cheaply. I will send them an email to see how much they will charge for larger amounts. Sorry for derailing your thread a bit costadinos, I'll shut up now!

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Exactly, hence I wondered how costadinos got it so cheaply. I will send them an email to see how much they will charge for larger amounts. Sorry for derailing your thread a bit costadinos, I'll shut up now!

No problem!
I got the ink from this place:
http://www.lfp-products.com/

I believe they are the distributors in Europe, whereas the link you provided is probably a reseller, hence the inflated prices.

But anyhow, 60-70GBP per litre is still a very reasonable price, OCP is the only (good) ink that beats that. I believe the next less expensive is that sold by precision colors (1L costs around 75GBP, if we take into account shipping and duties), but Inktec is definitely superior. Cone and AIS are the only other resin coated inks and they cost 4 times that :)

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
A member here asked me to do a comparison between the OEM and Inktec Magentas, here is the result. I also included the newer and older OCP version for comparison (as we all know the older version was more of a red hue rather than magenta):

Here are also two gamut comparisons, one is of the R2000 using the new OCP Magenta (MP209) compared to the same setup but with the Inktec Magenta, and the other is of the 4900, OEM vs all Inktec. All profiles were made under the same conditions, same media, same number of patches, using an i1Pro:

[url=http://postimg.org/image/5f31gcqml/] [/URL]

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Why don’t you give Precisioncolor a look and see what their prices are, you might be surprised and with the exchange rate the way it is I am sure P&P won’t be that costly either.
http://www.precisioncolors.com/

Send @mikling a PM here for any other questions you may also need answered.

jani80k

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
R3000
Hi guys,

this thread is very interesting to me.

Maybe, tihs is a stupid question, but from what I understood, you were using the Inktec Powerchrome Ink in an R4900.

Can this ink even be used in an R3000 without any problems like ink head clogging etc.?

I, too, have contacted Inktec Germany and it seems, they are only selling to Business Clients.

Cheers.

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi guys,

this thread is very interesting to me.

Maybe, tihs is a stupid question, but from what I understood, you were using the Inktec Powerchrome Ink in an R4900.

Can this ink even be used in an R3000 without any problems like ink head clogging etc.?

I, too, have contacted Inktec Germany and it seems, they are only selling to Business Clients.

Cheers.

It's not stupid, I should have clarified that. The Inktec Powerchrome is actually a K3 "Vivid" inkset, it's designed for printers similar to the R3000 you have (current K3 models are the R3000, 3880 and R2880). The 4900 uses the Ultrachrome HDR inkset, which is essentially K3 plus orange and green. Inktec doesn't make orange and green, I substituted these with inks from another supplier for my 4900.
You shoudln't worry about clogging the R3000, this is clearly a quality ink, especially considering it's resin coated like the OEM (which in part helps with its flow qualities).