I am now tired of the international business.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
A good preservative for ink is putting a few drops of 30-40% formaldehyde per 100 ml ink. Formaldehyde has a double action: it works as a powerful preservative and it acts as an reducing agent that stabilize the double bounds of the chromophoric dye molecules, thus slowing down the the fading of dye ink. However: it is rather toxic.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It would be foolhardy from a legal perspective for a seller such as mikling to add any toxic chemical to the inks. That is for the manufacturer to do and be responsible. However, if an end user wants to take the chance, and has been properly forewarned by any adviser of the risks, then it may indemnify said adviser from liability. Or it may not.

On the flip side, it may be smart to protect any seller of inks to notify the potential customer of any custom changes not made by the original manufacturer done to the inks, not necessarily the precise and proprietary changes made, in order to prevent claims of fraudulent sales, ie an altered ink not represented as such.

It's a wild and crazy litigious world out there.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
While praising paypal is the last thing I want to do (all bankers are up to their own profit), for me it is the easiest way for international money transfer.
So I praise the very reasonable shipping costs of PC inks to germany and also the easy way to place and pay my few orders...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just a taught, any ink exposed to UV will change colour..
There’s always radiation…:lol:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Just a taught, any ink exposed to UV will change colour..
There’s always radiation…:lol:

Yes, I suppose color mixing needs to be done after the inks are exposed to UV :hide

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Could not agree more. First they approve it for shipment, shipment gone. then rescind it, citing that the bank rescinded them because of a suspected stolen card Then I realized what was going on. Now you figure the game out. Make sure you invest in Paypal. I don't see a situation that Paypal pays out.

Put it on a matrix with the possibilities and you'll see. Same for credit card companies.

Hold on a min, is your store set up for credit card payments to also go through via paypal?

If so alter that, Paypal will screw you left right and centre. Set up a system direct with Visa, Mastercard etc for credit card payments i forget the mastercard name but the Visa system is simply called "Verified by Visa" (do a quick google for more on that). This gives the basics though...
http://www.visa.co.uk/products/protection-benefits/verified-by-visa/
and
http://www.anz.com/personal/credit-cards/security/verified-visa/ shows an example of the info a customer has to provide and is checked.

Unlike Paypal during the payment process they will check all info such as card holders name, address etc has been entered accurately and if not deny the order. Its also more secure for customers as they can set up 2 stage verification see during the order process they have to enter an additional pin or key word/phrase. This also helps if you have a card stolen or lost and stops the scammer using it on your site before the bank realises. Without it the likes of Paypal just process it, i could have a card with one name on and enter an entirely different one, Paypal will then just bill first and ask questions (read that as screw you normally) after the event.

Last edited:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
While praising paypal is the last thing I want to do (all bankers are up to their own profit), for me it is the easiest way for international money transfer.
So I praise the very reasonable shipping costs of PC inks to germany and also the easy way to place and pay my few orders...

Er with the right bank account you can transfer money with no fee involved, infact transfering internationally is normally a damn site cheaper than Paypals fees. Paypal is convenient but when it goes wrong for either party they just do not give a poop about either of you.

His biggest issue id be willing to bet is Paypal who basically do as they please and do not listen to reason from the seller or buyer. If he had a system for Credit Card orders that did not use paypal international users could order with no fees (apart from standard credit card APR if you are one of those that dont pay off the bill the moment it comes in). Once he is enrolled in either Mastercard or Visas secure scheme i also think the no longer charge the seller any extra fees apart from any standard ones.

Paypal, Worldpay and others are the scurge of the modern age, you wouldnt give your money to joe blogs down the street and trust him to give it to the person who you want the cash to go to, why people trust a virtual system which basically does just that i will never comprehend.

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Maybe fees for bank transfers are low where you live but in my country to make EU payment fees recently were like 15Eur, international 30Eur etc. Now that my country has Euro Currency that will change but I don't expect international fees to be lower than paypal.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Maybe fees for bank transfers are low where you live but in my country to make EU payment fees recently were like 15Eur, international 30Eur etc. Now that my country has Euro Currency that will change but I don't expect international fees to be lower than paypal.

Is that rate for doing it in person or using a cash point? I think you will find online bank transfer costs you a whole lot less. The other alternative is a temp debit/credit card which you can load with funds and avoid fees. There are many ways around it, people have just become lazy and rely on things like Paypal.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
'reliable service' - the TNT, Fedex UPS DHL's etc do a pretty good job most of the time, but if something goes wrong then even Murphy would scratch his head and ask himself how that could happen sometimes, and then customers are playing their games as well. It's all about the additional int'l business and whether it is paying off at the bottom line.

Yeah, I've had FedEx screw up royally twice. Major business cluster because we relied on their ads back then, "When it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight." A long time ago.

But I've also worked for UPS and have had packages stolen.

Stuff happens, but when one is dealing with unscrupulous, immoral people shielded by the internet and non-human complaint systems, it's a whole new ball game.