I am now tired of the international business.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If shipping and payment from the UK has been fine for the most part in the past then if you stick to extreme Major Western Europe countries you will likely be fine (IE Spain, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria)
Nothing against Precision Colors, but, if you are in Europe, why not purchase from Octoinkjet in the UK?

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I am customer of both...some items are available only at PC (e.g. B&W ink set for canon, "klaria" for epson, flushed OEM refill carts, free ICM's,..) some only at octoinkjet (waste ink stuff, special accessories e.g. the flushing clip, powerchrome k3,..)
And if the package is small the shipping to Germany was almost the same from Canada as from UK...to my surprise...hope this will stay in future..(and also the currency USD to euro)

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Nothing against Precision Colors, but, if you are in Europe, why not purchase from Octoinkjet in the UK?

Same as @martin0reg mentions slight differences in items available. Unlike him ive yet to order from Precisioncolors mainly because Octoink had all what i needed at the time and living in the UK it obviously made sense to look there first.

However one thing i do find fiddly in my refilling of CLI8 carts is the silicon plugs, i have fingers like sausages so i can see myself ordering up a couple of dozen tabbed plugs which Precisioncolors sell but octoink do not. I should point out there is nothing wrong with the conventional non tabbed low profile and no lip clear silicon plugs octoink sell, they seal just fine, i just imagine for my sausage fingers dealing with a tabbed plug will be a heck of a lot easier (especially removing) no more me having to reach for the tweezers lol.

If i can not find anywhere in the UK which looks trustworthy (thats basically NO to ebay or any company i can not find any impartial info on the net about) then even if the postage costs the same as the item Precisioncolors and @mikling can expect a order even if a tiny one from me this year :)

Last edited:

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
I, too, dread re-inserting those little plugs, tabbed, even. And my fingers are probably not into the "sausage" category, either. And so easy to inadvertently launch...............

Before I discovered plugs, I had great success sealing the hole with a hot glue gun. Not as pretty, not as convenient, but always worked. When it came time for a refill, a sharp knife would lift the old glue off and take the bit in the orifice with it.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I, too, dread re-inserting those little plugs, tabbed, even. And my fingers are probably not into the "sausage" category, either. And so easy to inadvertently launch...............

Before I discovered plugs, I had great success sealing the hole with a hot glue gun. Not as pretty, not as convenient, but always worked. When it came time for a refill, a sharp knife would lift the old glue off and take the bit in the orifice with it.

Yep i do not personally like the hot glue idea, far too easy for you (or rather me and my bumbling fingers) to loose bits of glue inside the cart IMO at least. In some Canons like mine there is such a small clearance between the printer inner casing and top of the cart you could be messing about for hours trying to get a good seal that is not too broad in height with hot glue also, though i imagine it becomes easier with practice id still probably end up with my hands covered in glue like a kid at pre-school and in general making a mess. People like @The Hat can probably hot glue seal a cart easily and have probably done it for years, i in comparison while maybe not as wise know when im going to screw something up before i start ;)

My personal hope with tabbed plugs is at least even if small ill have something to grab onto when inserting and removing the plug from the cart, even if i still have to resort to tweezers at least it is a slightly larger target. That combined with supporting a user of this forums small business who like websnail spends time helping people is money well spent IMO. Hopefully @mikling continues trading internationally even if he limits it to countries he never or very rarely has issues with.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yep i do not personally like the hot glue idea, far too easy for you (or rather me and my bumbling fingers) to loose bits of glue inside the cart IMO at least. In some Canons like mine there is such a small clearance between the printer inner casing and top of the cart you could be messing about for hours trying to get a good seal that is not too broad in height with hot glue also, though i imagine it becomes easier with practice id still probably end up with my hands covered in glue like a kid at pre-school and in general making a mess. People like @The Hat can probably hot glue seal a cart easily and have probably done it for years, i in comparison while maybe not as wise know when im going to screw something up before i start ;)

My personal hope with tabbed plugs is at least even if small ill have something to grab onto when inserting and removing the plug from the cart, even if i still have to resort to tweezers at least it is a slightly larger target. That combined with supporting a user of this forums small business who like websnail spends time helping people is money well spent IMO. Hopefully @mikling continues trading internationally even if he limits it to countries he never or very rarely has issues with.

Yes, I've heard of those printer models that have zero clearance above the carts. None of my printers fall into that dastardly category! For us freebirds, the hot glue works perfectly.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Yes, I've heard of those printer models that have zero clearance above the carts. None of my printers fall into that dastardly category! For us freebirds, the hot glue works perfectly.

My MP610 is not too bad compared to later MP and some MG models but its still pretty small (3mm i would estimate at best). With my clumsy digits it would be a recipe for disaster :D Entirely possible i would guess to use hot glue on my model but one for those with a bit more finesse than me.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I use a cuticle cutter to nudge out my small plugs from Hobbicolors or the tapered silicone plugs from other suppliers. The REAL problem is re-inserting them! that's the messiest part of refilling for me!

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
I use a cuticle cutter to nudge out my small plugs from Hobbicolors or the tapered silicone plugs from other suppliers. The REAL problem is re-inserting them! that's the messiest part of refilling for me!

Amen, bro.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Ironically putting the silicon plug back in the cart i find a lot easier than removing it LOL