I am now tired of the international business.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I dont do business with ANY south american country neither with any african country even not with CoZa (south afrika)
I generally use for parcel worth less 100€ registered airmail and some times if i am somewhat supersticous about it I put an extra fee ontop of that for insurance up to the final value of the goods and shipping. I sold a DX5 printheadf suitable for solvent printing (decoded and solvent resistent printhead manifold) to boliva insured it for 650 EUR an guess what = > after beeing dispatched to boliva customs packed got lost, the buyer got his money back within 48 hours since to ebay.com (US) regulatories registered airmail dosn't have a proper tracking system. no biggie now after 7 month deals with the "Deutsche Post" i finally got the total amount insured back since that had to start 3 attempt to locate the lost package, i guess boliva is not really caring about this.

sometimes customers dont want DHL Parcel and the explicitly choose to "deutsche post" international registered airmail because it slips easier trough customs and EVERY time i did that in the past I immedately regret it, they opened a claim and since registered airmail doesn't offer real time tracking such as UPS, DHL Express or other "real" parcel services offer paypal allmost every time closes the dispute into the buyers favor.

nowadays when i get suspisous I ban the buyer from my ebay shop http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin and just refund him, with a separte mail i contact them again if they want to purchase the ink/ refillcarts other things I sell they should provide proof of business and a legimate international tax number so i can deduct the total 19% Mehrwertsteuer (german tax) and ofer them a outside eBay rebate of 10% ontop if they pay trough SEPA / IBAN wiretransfer. guess what? from over 120 (counting from oktober 2014) till today (28 april 2015) only four buyers did go trough with that. some ridicoulsly raged about the refund and left me a bad comment, which i was ALWAYS able to remove trough eBay mercant customer services.
my biggest issue is if anyone buys my products to a foreign eBay side like ebay.com or ebay.co.uk I have to deal with the LOCAL eBay hotline and customer services, the number is toll free if you call from the designated country BUT NOT from germany so I spend over 150€ last year on long distance calls waiting in eBay "problem resolution hotlines" to tell my side. I was thinking many times of a CMS generearted dedicated webshop with various payment option like amazon payment, paypal, direct creditcard, Sofortueberweisung (www.sofort.com) and even cash on delivery (trough deutsche post registered airmail, the package is ALWAYS insured to the total value! and its cheap) and DHL but I just dont have the time to deal with 3% of the scammers and whiners that bring my nerves down. so I regulated my shop to the limits of eBay

feel free to take a look its mindcomputing

cheers
Serhat

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
note: I am have a key account with DHL Germany the have quite deals with international shipping and the packages get premium handling just like orders from amazon have, also i have a key account with Hermes Logistik GmbH they are quite cheap with heavier packages since there is no extra fee up to 31,5kg the formula for the shipping is based on the shortest and longest side of the packaging it self, last time i shipped a epson A3 printer to finnland for 21,95€ incl. tax it weighted over 22kg DHL would charge even with the key account double