Hp Photosmart D110a Ink Status

ShawnieMichael

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp Photosmart D110a
Hi I have scored the website for hacks or reset for my ink status without solution. I currently have HP Photosmart D110a which uses 60,60xl ink cartridges. I have no prior knowledge....

I ordered an ink refill set for HP 60/60xl and refilled my cartridges carefully. But it would not print, or acknowledge it. I struggled for a while until I did my research and found that they use some sort of chip or something. Imagine my anger as I discovered and wasted 16 bucks ordering refills...

Is there any hacks or suggestions? I do not have any spare cartridges to fool the printer....

nerdful1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is this one that needs 3 new cartridge serial numbers loaded before it will accept a used one?

If so, I guess in long run would still be worth it to keep a stock of refilled ones to rotate out.

ShawnieMichael

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp Photosmart D110a
I have no ideal... I am new at trying this. So obviously I don't know what you speak of. Could you please elaborate? I do not have any other cartridge, or any knowledge on how to go about doing this.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Your first set of cartridges will not work if you just refill them and put them back into your printer.

You’ll require a second set of cartridges to be inserted into the printer so they will then be accepted, and after that the original set will then work !

Original cart = 1st cart, then a replacement cart =2nd cart, and finally the original cart = 3rd cart, that’s how the sequence works !

ShawnieMichael

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp Photosmart D110a
Cool, thank you both Nerdful and, The Hat. I am beginning to understand now. I will have to ask around for spare empty cartridges... thanks!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think you will need two extra cartridge sets instead of one, see this thread. The reset method is also known as the 3 cartridge trick. It seems it does not work with all two cartridge HP printers, but you might be lucky that it works with your printer.

In some cases you can continue printing with refilled cartridges by accepting some nuisance warnings. See this, scroll down to the "nuisance alert" video at the bottom of the page.

ShawnieMichael

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp Photosmart D110a
Okay, the trouble is I don't have any spare ink cartridges lying around. I was wondering if it has to be new or refilled ink cartridge? Or it doesn't matter?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The important thing is that the cartridges are not defective and rejected by the printer. Used and empty or refilled cartridges should be OK for this purpose.

ShawnieMichael

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp Photosmart D110a
Where can I get empty cartridges? I have tried craiglist and no responses yet.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You could try looking in the Shopping Mall to see if one of the stores there may have a recycle bin and nick some from that !;)