HP Officejet Pro 8600 problem printing images

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@glprint, The refilling procedure for these carts is not plain sailing at all. so, I reckon you have some air still left inside your carts, you could try covering all of the air inlets on the cart as in the instructions, and then stand the cart with the outlet facing up and tap the cart a couple of times on your desk, this should dislodge any trapped air.

Then insert a syringe with the proper tip attached and withdraw the plunger just enough to draw some ink out of the outlet hole, do this with any of the carts that are causing feeding issues.

Please report back afterwards...

glprint

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600
@The Hat Let me see if I understand you correctly: after closing the five air intakes, the idea is to ensure that the air bubbles trapped in the ink are pushed into the top of the cartridge with a few taps ?

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
glprint,
Just curious as to why you would leave cleaning to last? It is not difficult and is virtually free except for a bit of lost ink.

glprint

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600
@flyboy maybe I'm wrong, but I'm afraid of causing some damage to the printhead or its electronic.

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
I've done it a number of times. It is fairly robust.

glprint

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600
I've done it a number of times. It is fairly robust.

... yes, but before I'll try the simplest steps. If I do not solve with the sugestions og @The Hat I'm going to performs printhead cleaning as shown in your video

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just curious as to why you would leave cleaning to last? It is not difficult and is virtually free except for a bit of lost ink.
Cleaning any print head outside the printer can have major issues if not done correctly, but if the problem is in the cartridges then all the print head cleaning in the world won’t help the situation, 99% of print problems are directly related to cartridge issues...

glprint

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600
@glprint, The refilling procedure for these carts is not plain sailing at all. so, I reckon you have some air still left inside your carts, you could try covering all of the air inlets on the cart as in the instructions, and then stand the cart with the outlet facing up and tap the cart a couple of times on your desk, this should dislodge any trapped air.

Then insert a syringe with the proper tip attached and withdraw the plunger just enough to draw some ink out of the outlet hole, do this with any of the carts that are causing feeding issues.

Please report back afterwards...

I tried the suggested steps without getting any improvement in the reported problem.

I could not use the syringe because it is not available at the time.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I could not use the syringe because it is not available at the time.

@glprint, That answer in your reply above has me even more confused, don’t you have the refill tip that is shown in the Octopus video refilling procedure ?

Have you tried to withdraw some ink from the effected cartridges, then reinstall the carts once again and run a nozzle print and then your test print http://i.imgur.com/qW5awEh.jpg

Trouble shooting a print problem is never fast or easy, so take your time and it might work out better for you next time...

glprint

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hp OfficeJet Pro 8600
@glprint That answer in your reply above has me even more confused, don’t you have the refill tip that is shown in the Octopus video refilling procedure ?

I did not have available the special syringe at the time when I performed the procedure you described.

I'm going to repeat the steps once I get back the charging syringe.