HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525 - HP 685

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You were certainly luck to find it and then to be able to just fit it back in again.
The word you’re looking for was wiper but sweeper will do just fine, that explains it too.

When you get a bit of time I would examine the area again because if it fell out once
then it can do it again, it may have got damaged, twisted or broken
so check everything in there thoroughly.

It’s a pity about not being able to take any pictures;
I would have loved to have seen some of your dirty pictures.. :gig

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Thanks @The Hat ,:thumbsup I lack of many vocabulary specific in printer to fully explain myself. :he
Nah, at that time both of my hands were full of ink :fl, and I don't want to paint my camera with pigmented-dye-mixed ink. :lol:

Next time when it fall off again, I will try taking some pictures. :)

rajivsamra

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi @thanhhuy123

Excellent job thank you very much for the info..and i did right way as you said about the right ink...but my printer showing the cartridge is not correct kinda counterfiet etc etc...plz help me regarding this.
i have seen that video regarding the CISS on youtube ..but i like the way you are.. thanks man..for your excellent experience...

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi @rajivsamra ,

Don't worry when the printer say that you're using "refilled or counterfiet ink cartridge". The chip on HP 564/685 is not resettable, but the printer will let you continue to use your printer anyway.
If there is any (should be 1 or 2 times when you are refilling and when the chip is still at "Low", then when the chip is marked "Empty" it never appear!) popup message (either on the printer or on the computer) asking something when you reinsert the ink cartridge, remember to click "No", "OK". Don't click Yes or printer will reject the cartridge (may be permanently)!

Example image: (I didn't take the sample images, so I take this as example. The msg should be very similar.)
original

Used-Refilled-Counterfeit-Cartridge-Detected_HP-932-950s-1st-pop-up-message_3_sm.jpg

P/S: There's still 2 ways to go around: buy and use ARC chip from China, or remove the battery on the logic board to reset the ink cart series memory. I don't use and don't need to use these, since I monitor the ink level myself (my print volumn is quite stable, and I refill every month even the cart is half-full) and the printer still happy to print with "Empty" chip. -- I haven't try "Expired" chip yet.

If you need more help with the messages, please kindly post the pictures/screenshot. It helps a lot with pictures! ;)

Last edited:

rajivsamra

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi @thanhhuy123

Oh bro..again many thanks for your kind response..actually i clicked yes on my megenta cartridge earlier..and as you said its gone..now this time you saved me...! your job is appreciated...

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi @rajivsamra ,just be very careful with Yes/No dialog box until the chip register itself as "Depleted" or "Empty", that's when no more complain is gonna annoy you!

As for your unlucky Magenta cart, you can try it on another printer (which use the same ink cart number) to see if it works. By doing this you help explore how the chip works: if it still works on new printers -> printer doesn't write anything on the chip and data are stored on the logic board inside the printer itself; if it doesn't work in any other printer -> yes, HP is evil like Epson, they write to the chip and break the logic fuse inside it permanently!

Mohinesh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 3525
can i use dye based ink also for my BLACK cartridge?? i have all 4 refill ink bottles of DYE based inks...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
can i use dye based ink also for my BLACK cartridge?? i have all 4 refill ink bottles of DYE based inks...

The answer to that is yes and also no !

You can use dye ink in place of your black pigment ink but just make sure your using good quality ink
and not the very cheap rubbish thats available for pennies plus free delivery everywhere..

Mohinesh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 3525
i just wanted to know.....what is more preferable for BLACK cartridge??? DYE or PIGMENT??
and i have ordered DESMOND brand DYE based ink that is manufactured in India.....from ebay seller selling only ink having 99.8% positive feedback...is my decision correct?? also my printer is new and i will be refilling it first time....any tips for a newbie like me are welcome please...

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks @The Hat for answering the question for me!:thumbsup I suggest giving him link(s) to the articles that technically explain the reason why. (I remember have read some, but forget to bookmark.)

I have some sample printouts (texts and music notations) with dye black ink instead of pigmented black ink.

What's more preferred? Well if you can get good quality pigmented black ink for HP, then go! Else, go with dye black ink for HP. The most important factor here is: ink must be specially designed for HP (best), or Canon (okay), or for thermal print head technology (acceptable). Using wrong type of ink, as in my experience described in previous posts, will result in print head damage! It may or may not be recoverable.:oops:

Anyway, HP is much more forgiving than Canon, isn't it @The Hat ?:)

I'm still in the way of recovering my yellow nozzles because of using Epson ink in. Because of it, I stop printing colors months ago...:he