How to remove PRO-1 printhead ?

granedus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
it happened way back when the printer was new, so not recent.
I think most recent error is always stored in the position ER0, and the rest of errors are shifted down the line ER0 -> ER1, ER1 -> ER2, ER2 -> ER3, etc. To test, make a printout, then generate minor error (by printing with closed door, for example), make another printout and you will see.

Printout of EEPROM was made by the same service tool as you use to reset diaper counters. I made a printout immediately after getting bad Nozzle Check print.

B200 might have been generated during the time when I turned the printer on for the first time. It was not connected to the PC. Or it might have been generated by previous owner. I wish I pay more attention to the printer lights when switching printer on for the first time myself.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I think most recent error is always stored in the position ER0, and the rest of errors are shifted down the line ER0 -> ER1, ER1 -> ER2, ER2 -> ER3, etc.
As I suspected in my post.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP3
I don't know if the error numbering system means ER1 occurred before or after ER2. Maybe there have been other B200 errors that have fallen off the counter
This is not the way I see it, errors are stored in the order they were generated. That would infer that it deletes the previous messages, and memory is not an issue with this beast, she has the memory of an Elephant, and if a B200 happens twice in a row the printer locks you out of all further operations.
Printout of EEPROM was made by the same service tool as you use to reset diaper counters. I made a printout immediately after getting bad Nozzle Check print.
Ok, but can you provide the Service tool Version that you used to do the EPROM print out ?..
That seems a bit improbable...

Last edited:

granedus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1

Attachments

• EEPROM_2021-11-06-23.07_no_IDs.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 22

granedus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Quite a simple fix really in the end suggested by a local print lab. Thanks anyway for your time and efforts, a reasonable attempt but must try harder. Now for some toast.
Hi Conor, I have had similar issue with Pro-1.
Have you been able to fix your printer?
Was print head replacement necessary?

Please, feel free to PM if you prefer to do so.