How to remove PRO-1 printhead ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Well you got my attention now, because things don’t look too good for the cyan, but we may be able to bring it back from the dead..

3 years idle, are your Friggin serious and then you expect it to just start printing without a hitch, no wonder your complaining about clogs, sure if you spent that long in bed, how would you find walking without assistance.

You may get it to function properly, or you may not, but a new print head, if you can find one, is a very costly route to take, a new Canon Pro 10 might be a better option if it comes down to a funeral.

Now if you haven’t printed anything other than the nozzle check since your last good print, then that will help a lot, try removing all the carts and vigorously shake the lot of them for 20 seconds and then re-inset them back in the machine

Next thing to try is 1 deep head clean then let the printer sit for 30 minutes before doing a nozzle check, it is very important at this stage to see if any of the missing section in the cyan block reappears from your posted nozzle check.

Let’s work on that for now...
Capture2.jpg

P.S. Removing the head to clean externally is not an option with this printer...

Smashey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
@The Hat - Thanks for that, made some progress with the first Deep Clean as you suggested. See the Nozzle check below. Before (left) & After - you were concerned about Cyan which seems to have pretty much bounced back - nothing yet from PBK though.

Attachments

• BDB554E7-2BC7-4D6E-9353-2EDD5BE9FBC6.jpeg
    BDB554E7-2BC7-4D6E-9353-2EDD5BE9FBC6.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 460

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
nothing yet from PBK though.
To get a good clean Nozzle print, you need to take small steps, and the colour missing blocks are not as hard to get back as the ones where only half the colour is showing.

There are concentrated pigment particles still remaining in the CISS lines and this will take time to completely disperse, you should now leave the printer to sit overnight but still powered on and try another normal clean and nozzle check in the morning. Patience will get you there quicker than any urgency...

Because deep cleans can damage the print head and use up a lot of your ink, you should only use them in emergency and only one in 24 hours, so don’t be in a hurry to run another just yet...

Smashey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Morning @The Hat I missed your previous response last night so had powered down. Powered back up this am and ran a clean and a nozzle check. Improving. All inks except PBK & Y are complete and smooth. The PBK is absent altogether and the Y is just the top half of the run - though on close inspection it’s still a slightly thicker band and pretty smooth now. When running future cleans do I just run them on groups 1 & 2 (as all the inks in group 3 are fine) or stick with cleaning all nozzles?

I’m going to owe you pints a’plenty after all this!

I’d started with nearly full inks across the board but I’ll tear through that soon enough. Is there any issue changing to the ink.ie generic cartridges instead of Genuine Canon?

Cheers again - Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It’s nice to hear your making great progress, because I hate it when the Friggin print head dies from electrical failure due to in patience, because it only takes one foolish act to destroy all the good work you’ve made up till now.
When running future cleans do I just run them on groups 1 & 2 (as all the inks in group 3 are fine)
I don’t reckon you can choose more than one group to clean at a times, so you can give group 1 a clean and then run six nozzle prints in a row, then leave the printer to sit for an hour and try a normal clean on all groups and a nozzle check which should prove very fruitful.
Is there any issue changing to the ink.ie generic cartridges instead of Genuine Canon?
Only financial ones, I never bought a second set of OEM carts for my printer and used 3rd party ink all the time, there maybe a slight colour shift but that is easily taken care of with colour adjustment...

Barman, Barman...:weeeDrinks all round and Mike says he's paying..... :drool :D :lol:

Smashey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Getting there. Yellow is now about 90%. Still Nothing on PBK. I take I just keep cycling through this process? I will need new in soon though

Attachments

• E08013F8-2198-48EA-8EB8-86028BC30C6E.jpeg
    E08013F8-2198-48EA-8EB8-86028BC30C6E.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 451

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Question for you: - is there any ink left in your Photo black cart, because that could have let air into the ink lines, it’s best to do nozzle prints and let her rest for a while, the PBK will make an appearance sooner or later..

P.S. try giving the PBK cart a good shaking....

Smashey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
I’ve about 80% showing in the PBK cart. Some of the greys are a lot lower at this stage. I’ll try shaking again and a nozzle check then repeat those every couple of hours??

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I’ve about 80% showing in the PBK cart. Some of the greys are a lot lower at this stage.
That in itself says you have a fairly hefty blockage in the ink lines, because you’re not using up the PBK ink at the same rate as the other colours, and if it doesn’t clear soon then your only alternative is another deep clean.. Ouch..:hide

P.S. maybe more rest will work..

Smashey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
I'll wait until tomorrow before any more clean/nozzle check cycles but this time leave the printer on.