How to remove PRO-1 printhead ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
What do You think of that?

Good idea for Epson printers, but using cartridges filled with flushing fluid is not such a good thing to be using on Canon printers, their print heads are very sensitive to anything other than ink, it risks damaging the nozzles...

jw256

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
PIXMA PRO-1
Hi. I have the same problem as @alastair athompson showed a few months ago. So I have to change the printer head. There is possible to find a guide on how to do it safely?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@jw256, OK, your having an issue with the printer, please explain exactly what the problem is and post a nozzle check here, and if it’s not to late don’t print any test sheets till you resolve your issues.. (Only Nozzles checks)

jw256

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
PIXMA PRO-1
Thank you for the answer. Here is the nozzle check:
Nozzle Check001.jpg

The main problem is with magenta color and also with red color (not exactly visible now, but the color saturation is very low).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@jw256, Ops, it looks like you may have damaged the magenta nozzles beyond repair, other than that all the other nozzles are ok, and if you haven’t been using the printer to much while the nozzles were missing then it might repair itself with plenty of patients and cleaning.

Just running a normal head clean and printing a nozzle check every few hours could correct this issue, but it may not, depending on how long the problem has gone unnoticed.

Examining each of the nozzle prints you do with a head clean over the next day or two will tell you if you have been successful, if they don’t improve then you’ll have no alternative but to replace the print head, both a new head and new ink cartridges are going to be expensive, A Pro 10 might be a cheaper suggestion.

If you need to purchase a new head then try and do so because they are not that easy to get, and then come back here and I’ll PM you the Instructions ok..

JoJoW

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro 1
Hi
I too am having issues with my Pro 1 and have been advised that I need a new print head which is on its way. Can you please send me the instructions how to remove and replace the print head. Many thanks

Attachments

• 1543456739874936438757451669231.jpg
    1543456739874936438757451669231.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 456

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi @JoJoW, and welcome, sorry to hear your having issues related to the Print head, I suppose you did try all the necessary head cleans and your problem still exists, so if you still require the fitting procedure for a new head, then PM me when you’re ready to proceed...

Kykie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
My problem is a little different than the others here, but this is by far the most informative discussion I've seen on this printer!

I just set up my Canon Pixma Pro-1 for the first time. (Apparently this printer has been sitting around for years, unused, at my job.) I installed the print head, but haven't been able to proceed further. The power light and alert light blink on and off. The light sequence repeats 10x. I called Canon but they offered no solution because the printer is no longer under warranty. Per instructions by a Canon rep, I did unplug the printer and then let power back on, but that did nothing. I've also called several local print shops, but can't seem to find someone who knows what I'm talking about.

I wonder if perhaps the print head is not seated properly. The print head compartment is locked up and won't reopen though. Everything is brand new, so it seems like a real shame that I can't get further. Any troubleshooting things I could try?

Kykie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Came back to say I was able to solve my problem (in case anyone else experiences this). I opened up the driver on my computer, and saw the printer had a B200 error. In my case, I'm guessing this is because the print head was idle for "too long." I had let it sit a week after initial setup, when I couldn't get passed the flashing lights. I manually pushed the print head to the far left inside the printer. Then I powered it off, unplugged it and waited about 30 seconds. Plugged it back in, powered on, and that seemed to reset it. I don't know, seems like a fake solution, but I was able to continue the setup and run some test prints.

Smashey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
Hi all

I’ve just joined the site so excuse me jumping in but I spotted from this thread on removing a Canon Pro-1 print head that @The Hat was the man to speak to. Mine is seriously clogged after being idle for 3 years (the wife would say the same of me). I’ve worked through this post having originally thought I’d need to remove & soak my print head but now I’m not so sure...
I’ll try to upload the nozzle check printout and just add this is after about 3 or 4 normal cleaning runs. I note there is mention of “deep cleaning” but I’m not sure how to do that. All inks are canon original and the print head has done about 200 A3 prints and about half that in A4 since new. The last print run before ‘hibernation’ was fine.

Attachments

• 0591E819-658E-4F19-AB32-4A2B0083C780.jpeg
    0591E819-658E-4F19-AB32-4A2B0083C780.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 430