Homemade CISS

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
1. I do not know about the ability to send only the printhead. I doubt this is a warranty item?
2. My cartridges were modified. New cartridges cost more than a new printer. I'm not an idiot.
3. Do you have a print heads QY6-0072-000, QY6-0080-000 pinouts?

5672_4600.jpg

Nirvash

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
The print head is a warranted item and in my experience, if you are in warranty they are more then happy to send a new one. They may want proof of purchase though. (For me, once I didn't have to provide it, other time I did)

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Nirvash, in in my country drowning man rescue is the drowning man subject (work, duty). I think, they are more then happy to close the warranty.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
aaa said:
Nirvash, in in my country drowning man rescue is the drowning man subject (work, duty). I think, they are more then happy to close the warranty.
Check with Martin in octoink.co.uk and see if he can get the QY6-0080-000 print head.:)

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, Hat.
I do not want to buy a print head. I can not find the printer procurement documents. I think the printer is relatively new and a two-year warranty has not expired.
I am thinking, why there was an error with the code B200?
It was overheating? I know that the print head has two thermal sensors. I printed 3-5 sheets in this bad day and the printer was broken.

5672_serial2.jpg

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
While it would be highly desirable to determine to the root cause of your (or anyone's) print head electrical failures, so far no one in this group has been able to do so. As for pinnout information, that is not included in service manuals, and is probably closely held proprietary information with Canon.

The construction of the embedded electronics within a Canon nozzle plate is very similar to that of a computer CPU or other large scale integrated circuit die. The main difference is that THIS die must handle very high pulsed current densities in order to operate the microscopic heaters within every nozzle. With printer manufacturers always seeking to increase both printing speed and resolution, they keep challenging the physics of thermal degradation of the die. Eventually some portion of the microscopic circuitry is damaged and the result?

1. Half the nozzles on one color stop firing. Apparently there is no embedded monitoring for this type of failure in the printer's firmware.

2. Printhead overheating errors become reported.

3. Logic boards (the stationary electronics at the other end of the ribbon cables) become damaged by printhead failures that overload the logic board.

4. Unexpected errors become reported.

To this end, I have always operated my Canons at "Low Speed" or "Quite Mode" to reduce the heating duty of the printhead, with the intention that this should preserve the circuitry. Another option to reduce duty is to select a printing mode in the driver that forces uni-directional printing (avoid draft quality printing).

If you do eventually decipher the pinnout, that would be a first for this forum! Good luck.

Of course, the REAL solution is to avoid thermal inkjet printing altogether...switch to Epson for a more durable printhead!

Wayne

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
To turbguy:
I have the pinout for the "old" print head QY6-0067, (printer Canon IP 5300). It is not a big secret.:cool:
And I know about the positive results of the repairing these print heads. Internal thermal sensors are replaced by an external diode.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Could you please share the pinout and other info with this forum? Can I ask how you came across the information? And please share the repair info!

Wayne