Homemade CISS

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
While inserting a flat-blade screwdriver, etc. through into a space under the main case cover; and
pressing the claw downward, slide the main case cover toward the front side of the printer.

5672_b2.jpg

5672_b3.jpg

wss

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with CISS - noone will find this by the topic name/you need to create separate topic.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
wss said:
This has nothing to do with CISS - noone will find this by the topic name/you need to create separate topic.
Going to disagree...

The path tubing takes into the printer, tube bend, etc... is all highly relevant to any CIS system installation so information like this while perhaps a bit verbose is still useful. That said, inclusion of some keywords so that someone wanting to know how to take the top off this particular printer can find it, would be useful.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
JoeG_6112 said:
I noticed the term "ink waste container or bag" appearing several times in various discussions.

Does the ink slowly leak from a CISS or does it only flow when the tank is somehow over pressurized?
The discussion re: waste ink is not related to CIS systems at all and really would come under a new topic...

Short version though is that any inkjet printer will generate waste when it either fires nozzles or draws/sucks out ink as part of a priming or head cleaning process. The external-tank/bag/container aspect of things is primarily in reference to external waste tanks rather than the pads/nappies/maintenance-tanks that exist as part of the original printer unit.

If you want more information on this aspect of things then here's a few references:
http://www.octoinkjet.co.uk/waste/
http://www.printerpotty.com/

Hope that clarifies... If you want to follow up though, I'd suggest starting a new topic and quoting the information to date. That'll avoid detracting from the CIS discussion in this thread.

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
CISS: separate tubes from needle-butterflies.
The cartridges are in the position "printer off".

5672_kkk.jpg

tmierzwa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
in a ciss system how long has it been for you before you had to change a print cartridge because of burned out ink jets, or totally clogged cartridges? My system has been active going onto five years without a burp in the ink system.

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
tmierzwa, I do not need to change the cartridges, they live longer than the print head.

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I changed the inner air gap h1 into the outer gap.

5672_b13.jpg

5672_b14.jpg

5672_b15.jpg

5672_b16.jpg

5672_b17.jpg

5672_b18.jpg